• 21 Replies

Growster...

Re: not again
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2015, 17:03 »
Just done a count up...

7 Black Krim
15 Gardener's delight
30 Sungold
15 Sungold reverts (trying last year's seed - yeah right, F1 an' all that - let's really see what happens)
15 Marmande

Some 'Gourmet' yet to appear, as we had a mad moment in our garden centre last week...

And as DD says, there's always the side-shoot planting to consider, when times are hard..;0)

meterman

• Experienced Member
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2015, 21:52 »
Soooo glad i'm not alone i grow lots of runner beans too but mainly eat french the runners are feed for the chickens but last year they got fed up of them

LilacSandy

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2015, 05:58 »
103 seedlings so far,  I am also hoping I get some from Gardeners World, would be nice to see if they really can resist blight.

Growster...

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2015, 06:50 »
We've just ordered another 150 combo planting pots from Oaklands in anticipation of even more toms, Lils!

They'll join the three hundred we have already...

Fairy Plotmother

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2015, 08:22 »
We've just ordered another 150 combo planting pots from Oaklands in anticipation of even more toms, Lils!

They'll join the three hundred we have already...
:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

Yorkshire Lass

• Experienced Member
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2015, 20:07 »
Seeing as you all grow loads and loads of toms, I was just wondering if anyone grows toms to purposefully get green tomatoes.  I only grow a small amount of plants (less than 10) and last year they were all seriously damaged in the wind so I had a glut of green tomatoes which I made some very tasty chutney. 

I would really like more green tom chutney this year but need green toms do I grow more tomato plants in order to get  some spare fruit for the chutney.  Is there any one out there who does this???

But then as I do not have a greenhouse maybe I am destined to get green toms and never red ones (last year was my 1st year) not a great start  :)

Mrs Bee

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2015, 20:26 »
If you grow tomatoes you will always get some that do not ripen at the end of the season.

if you actually want green tomatoes pick them before they are ripe. ;)

Page created in 0.903 seconds with 37 queries.