Ryobi ESR 2240 shredder

• 1 Replies

Dave NE

• Experienced Member
Ryobi ESR 2240 shredder
« on: March 25, 2015, 16:47 »
I bought the above last year, second hand. I found it had some issues such as blocking up and not cutting as good as it should, to resolve these issues I first removed the cutter head but there was not enough room to raise the head so I removed the blades with a hex key and short tube for leverage, sharpened them with a cheap diamond needle file and replaced them with large spring washers which are 1 1/0th of an inch wide or 100thou thick, this raised the blades so they were just clearing the metal housing, next I removed the plastic spout/chute from the front, it is now an easy opp to clear any blockage using a small metal hook (after the plug has been removed!!), job done. I was trying to shred cardboard the other day and had such a job, lots of dust but not much shredding action, I put this down to the blades moving too fast to allow the material to catch so I soaked the cardboard in water and it went through very quick, I now have a decent amount of browns for the grass cutting season to start, I hope this helps someone with a similar machine, remember, if you modify a machine like this it can become very dangerous if little fingers are around, I am the only one who has access  to this machine and I know what has been done to make it operate more effectively, keep safe Dave
Today i will be mainly wearing no trousers

JayG

• Global Moderator
Re: Ryobi ESR 2240 shredder
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 10:16 »
Thanks Dave - good advice all round.  ;)
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

xx
Best Shredder?

Started by devondays on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post July 18, 2006, 15:25
by noshed
xx
low cost shredder

Started by jambop on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post April 02, 2019, 20:00
by AussieInFrance
xx
What Shredder Would You Recommend?

Started by John on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post August 08, 2017, 13:29
by John
xx
garden shredder

Started by juddymarie on Equipment Shed

0 Replies
Last post April 16, 2015, 09:05
by juddymarie

Page created in 0.307 seconds with 37 queries.