fertiliser for potatoes

• 35 Replies

beesrus

Re: fertiliser for potatoes
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2015, 17:57 »
My Early Bird pellets specifically state on their bags....100% organic.. rigorously selected from non-battery sources.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 17:58 by beesrus »

jezza

« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2015, 21:00 »
hi organic reference doesnt necessaserily mean that the pellets have come from free range chickens all forms of chickenmanure is used battery deeplitter etc, organic refers to the feed used no insecticides pesticides hormones and the like jezza

Kristen

• K's Garden blog
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2015, 08:52 »
organic refers to the feed used no insecticides pesticides hormones and the like

And then, I believe? only if it is also marked Certified (Soil Association etc.). Anyone? can put "Organic" on a product as there is no restriction on the use of the word.

beesrus

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2015, 18:03 »
organic refers to the feed used no insecticides pesticides hormones and the like jezza
But that's the rub, Jezza. The "brand" organic, as stipulated by the soil association in this country, no longer means chemical/pesticide free, and hasn't for a long time. very few people understand that. Look up the current soil association definition, and all will be revealed.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 18:03 by beesrus »

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2015, 19:26 »
We go over and over this are chicken pellets organic or not question ad nauseum, and don't think we get any nearer resolving it.

I think the OP has enough options now  ;)

JimB

• Experienced Member
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2015, 20:21 »

Went to the local merchants today  to buy 2 x  25 kg bags of Special Potato fertilizer as I have done so in the past, but they would not sell me any as I did not have a "certificate".

They explained that being high nitrogen content it could be used by terrorist to make bombs and they were forbidden by the government to sell me any!

After a bit of chit chat were I explained I only wanted it for potatoes in my allotment they relented and sold me the 2 bags!

Took my car registration no and my name and address but I was happy as it cost £17.99 per bag!

They had 10kg tubs of Westland Organic Poultry manure  pellets for only £10 on  special offer in the middle of the floor!

Cheers!
STOP, and smell the roses!

xx
My choice of Fertiliser is 6X Natural Fertiliser . Would like Opinions please

Started by tmm on Grow Your Own

10 Replies
Last post March 13, 2014, 18:57
by Totty
xx
Need help with fertiliser please

Started by Casey76 on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post June 28, 2009, 12:32
by tode
xx
Which fertiliser ?

Started by superplanty on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post October 05, 2010, 16:08
by nipper31
xx
Fertiliser

Started by oakridge on Grow Your Own

0 Replies
Last post August 20, 2015, 09:23
by oakridge

Page created in 0.423 seconds with 38 queries.