AND THE PENNY DROPS

• 6 Replies

slowef

• http://journals.aol.co.uk/slowef/thehenhouse/
AND THE PENNY DROPS
« on: January 17, 2008, 11:23 »
Derrrrrrrrrrr  :idea:  :idea:  :idea:
How thick am I, missing chicken, less banty eggs!!!!!!!!!!!!! Must be a broody girl She has disappeared again after calling at the door for some food this morning now nowhere to be seen again.
 :?
She must have a nest somewhere and is sitting.  The question is where, I have searched the whole garden outhouses garages etc and not a sign.  I found a pile of eggs under a hedge but no hen so she must be elsewhere.  I want to find her and the eggs to relocate her to a safe place, maybe if I can't find her it is safe but I don't have the nose of a fox :(   It must be dry and well hidden so I can only think it must be a building, any ideas:idea:  where else I can look I am assuming it won't be outdoors.

Either that or wait 21 days till she appears with some littluns in tow :lol:

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
AND THE PENNY DROPS
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 11:28 »
:lol:  :lol:  :lol: The little minx  :wink:

You might have to wait until she reappears tomorrow for food and then do some undercover surveillance  :lol:

Selkie

AND THE PENNY DROPS
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 11:39 »
:D Like Auntie said, you'll have to follow her from a distance next time she comes looking for food.

Maybe she's up in a tree, like Dave's duck :shock:

Bodger

AND THE PENNY DROPS
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 11:41 »
If you want the eggs she's sitting on to hatch. Prepare a darkened area for her with a nest. Do as Aunt sally suggests but if you find her, don't lift her in the day time but go back when its dark and take a friend :roll: One of you lift the bird, the other the eggs. Put the eggs in the prepared nest and close her in the small coop or better still a box and hope for the best.

babe

• elvis king of chooks
AND THE PENNY DROPS
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 12:00 »
thats wonderful news.  :lol: glad she's safe

WG.

AND THE PENNY DROPS
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 13:30 »
Maybe she has eloped into a tree with daveinmanc's drake  :shock:

slowef

• http://journals.aol.co.uk/slowef/thehenhouse/
AND THE PENNY DROPS
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2008, 13:45 »
Well I have searched every nook and cranny but with no luck so I am going to do as suggested and wait till tomorrow and stalk her :lol:

I have had several batches of eggs hatched by broodys so think I'm ok with the procedure now and I have a couple of suitable hutches I can use, she was always happier in the garage and the others don't go in there so I think thats where I will put her when I find the nest of course.

Watch this space then, Sherlock Holmes here I come  :lol:

Do you think she could be up a tree?  cant see she has built a nest as its so windy here it would have blown away I did look but couldn't see any, thought chickens were low nest birds :?: confused now

Dave check your duck hasn't got my Silkie please :lol:  :lol: I would love to see my ducks up a tree they are huge the branches would break  :shock:

xx
Penny ate out of my hand

Started by Louise on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post February 25, 2008, 15:58
by mdueal
xx
Is Penny broody?

Started by mummychick on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post November 02, 2010, 22:31
by mummychick
xx
nutri drops

Started by Catsmuvva on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post February 14, 2010, 14:53
by hillfooter
xx
Cat or dog flea drops

Started by cammi on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post February 25, 2011, 12:46
by AL Hathaway

Page created in 0.259 seconds with 28 queries.