What I did on the plot today 2015

• 923 Replies

chillimummy

Re: What I did on the plot today 2015
« Reply #810 on: August 26, 2015, 16:19 »
Very productive few hours at plot ;)
Pulled up cauli that were terrible and only a few edible. Weeded and dug over area. Don't think will grow many next year as they are never very successful.
Used debris netting from them to cover cabbages that were given to me.
Trimmed grassy edges.
Attempted to pull weeds up from path but need to pull up weed fabric and renew on another visit.
Picked french beans, sugar snap peas, spinach and yellow courgettes. Large turnip eaten by slugs so on compost  :(
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Any Comments ? :
http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?board=38.0

Ema

« Reply #811 on: August 26, 2015, 17:58 »
Yesterday I popped down and hoed the surprisingly large week old weeds! The ground was surprisingly sticky again.
Sowed a few very late french beans, my french and runner beans seem to have stopped already!!
Thinned and replanted my beetroot seedlings, sowed a few more as the germination of the last sowing was so poor.
Sowed some more Swiss chard where the tomato plants used to be.
Pulled up a load of mint, crushed it and put around the sweetcorn apparently mice hate mint!

grendel

« Reply #812 on: August 26, 2015, 20:41 »
picked up 3 compost bins on the way home £5 each. Grendel
we do the impossible daily, miracles take a little longer.

sion01

« Reply #813 on: August 28, 2015, 11:59 »
Still in shock from massive slug/snail attack last night. :wacko:The nasty things have been quiet all year but last night for some reason they really struck hard.30 winter density lettuce and 20 'honesty' plants that i transplanted 2 weeks ago all reduced to stalks,total loss.Spinach and spring cabbage badly mauled but might pull through.Didn't touch the french beans though(maybe saving them for tonight).Even picked load's of snail's off my two victoria plum tree's this morning,which I might as well have left  there as thanks to all the wind,rain and low temperatures we are experiencing here in North west Nepal ,sorry,Wales have made the crop which is a heavy one,completely useless.All the rain has made the plum's expand so much that they have just split with most of them going mouldy.Why? :(Why? :(.It's only the apples that seem to be doing well without any disease o'r infestation.

Mattgregory27

• Experienced Member
« Reply #814 on: August 28, 2015, 13:58 »
Collected a dozen bags of manure from the local stables and filled up the compost bins on the plot, pulled up a few weeds and enjoyed the sunshine 😀

miggs

« Reply #815 on: August 28, 2015, 18:26 »
Couple of hours down at the plot this afternoon in the glorious sunshine. Dug up one row of spuds, pulled the last of the onions, weeded and did tidy up.

Charityuk

« Reply #816 on: August 29, 2015, 18:33 »
Picked loads of raspberries, some borlottis (exciting, first time for these) and one sad lonely courgette.  The children took lots of photos for the show next week, and hunted for bindweed (competition for the longest root!).

grendel

« Reply #817 on: August 30, 2015, 09:58 »
not going today, I have the wifes hangover from the wedding we went to yesterday (I was driving so had the one sip of champers at the toast). tomorrow I will be taking my new (to me) compost bins down and clearing some more of the new bit of plot and picking beans.
Grendel

miggs

« Reply #818 on: August 30, 2015, 19:29 »
Another couple of hours down at the plot this afternoon in the sunshine. I also got a nasty shock while I was at the plot, my 12yr old daughter came with me and was actually very helpful. I pulled the rest of the beans, while she was digging the area after the beans where pulled up. She did a very good job if I say so myself. While she was digging I also strimmed all the paths and also put the netting over the last of the Brassica cage's.

Mattgregory27

• Experienced Member
« Reply #819 on: August 31, 2015, 16:05 »
Collected a car load of bricks from some nice people giving them away to use as a base for my new shed. Picked tomatoes, French beans and, courgette and my first sweetcorn! Next job is to rope my brother and father-in-law into erecting the shed!!

snowdrops

« Reply #820 on: August 31, 2015, 19:13 »
Another couple of hours down at the plot this afternoon in the sunshine. I also got a nasty shock while I was at the plot, my 12yr old daughter came with me and was actually very helpful. I pulled the rest of the beans, while she was digging the area after the beans where pulled up. She did a very good job if I say so myself. While she was digging I also strimmed all the paths and also put the netting over the last of the Brassica cage's.

I have to ask, what was the nasty shock? Surely your daughter helping was a pleasant shock? 😊
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

chillimummy

« Reply #821 on: August 31, 2015, 19:48 »
Dug up last of my charlotte potatoes and weeded area. Gathered up my red onions that had been drying then dug over that area.
Picked another pile of french beans  :lol:
Picked some radish which were enormous so might not taste great.
Chatted to plot neighbour who gave me a bag of tomatoes, mine in the greenhouse still green.

Aled

« Reply #822 on: September 01, 2015, 09:37 »
Dug up the last of the potatoes. Only beetroot and carrots left now.
Cheers
Aled

surbie100

• Winner Prettiest Pumpkin - 2014
« Reply #823 on: September 01, 2015, 17:50 »
OMG THE RAIN! Was going to the plot. Am now trapped in my car waiting for the hail-like monsoon to pass. There wasn't a cloud on the horizon 20 mins ago. At least my flat's wifi reaches the car park below!

Aled

« Reply #824 on: September 03, 2015, 12:11 »
Dug up the last of the potatoes. Ate some mashed yesterday they were lovely!
Cheers
Aled

xx
Been to my plot today for......

Started by jacnal on Grow Your Own

32 Replies
Last post October 23, 2007, 21:17
by gobs
xx
what I did NOT do on the plot today.

Started by richrua on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post March 30, 2013, 10:29
by BabbyAnn
xx
my plot today (pics)

Started by pawsnclaws on Grow Your Own

0 Replies
Last post January 25, 2010, 14:01
by pawsnclaws
xx
Have rotavated the plot today

Started by Peterjohn on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post February 10, 2008, 09:03
by shaun

Page created in 0.494 seconds with 38 queries.