What I did on the plot today 2015

• 923 Replies

Martin70

Re: What I did on the plot today 2015
« Reply #450 on: April 24, 2015, 10:04 »
Potting on the Tomatos today - fighting the urge to put them straight into the big pots as they have really sprouted but I fear a frost is still possible.

Yana

« Reply #451 on: April 24, 2015, 21:51 »
Earthed up potatoes again as night time temp due to drop on Saturday and for the following few days.
Planted out cauli, Brussels, cabbage and watered well.
Weeded broad beans. Lots of flowers so fingers crossed the beans will follow.
Put up pea netting for next row of peas to go in on Saturday. What a faff that was.

I have my own cement mixer and not afraid to use it!!

Elm street

• Experienced Member
« Reply #452 on: April 25, 2015, 11:52 »
Earthed up potato's, hoed around the broad beans and peas, fixed the split hose pipe extension and took a load of rubbish to the tip. Altered the watering timer for the greenhouse as it was supplying too much water to the plants :)

Steveharford

« Reply #453 on: April 25, 2015, 16:46 »
Watered earlies in tubs. Cut x's into black polythene to allow outdoor spuds into the light.     Sowed some blue lake french beans in pots.    Sowed courgettes and marrows in pots.     Got big pots ready to plant toms on their final position tomorrow.      Thinned out spinach and beetroot.    Transplanted some little gem lettuce outdoors.    Had a beer in the sun.

pigguns

• Mitcham, South London
« Reply #454 on: April 25, 2015, 17:17 »
Got ready for the imminent rain, cut the grass paths, turned the compost, hid from the 'community' group doing the very weedy plot (I feel guilty but as pastors wife I do loads of stuff with them- if I use my plot time I'll have no 'me' time at all to decompress)  :wub: dug over the pumpkin or sweetcorn bed- still can't decide.....  :blush: never thought I'd be so pleased to see the forecast!

Rexmundi

• Experienced Member
« Reply #455 on: April 25, 2015, 17:45 »
My beds (x4) have been weeded and I have planted potatoes in one and (for the first time) sown Beetroot (in pods) to go in another, Spinach & Peas (directly) into the remaining 2.

Spent some time today processing the sods of weed ridden soil that I had stock-piled last year. I removed the weeds and will use the soil to mound up the potatoes when they start coming through.
Scotland, 95% pure Scottish since 08/05/2015

Robster

« Reply #456 on: April 26, 2015, 08:15 »
My tattoos had just started showing through so I earthed them up.  Planted out another batch of Alderman peas.  The last go out today.  I also prepared some large pots with garden compost enriched with chicken manure.  These are destined for Inca plum tomatoes grown as bushes.  Hopefully the pots will keep the fruit nice and clean.  Sowed a small planter with mixed salad leaves

surbie100

• Winner Prettiest Pumpkin - 2014
« Reply #457 on: April 26, 2015, 09:56 »
You earthed up your tattoos?  :D   :lol:

Have just picked up a composter and driven it to the plot with the roof down. Now sitting in a cafe warming up before skipping over to the orange diy warehouse for some tarpaulins. Very chilly out there, but at least it's stopped raining so I can get stuff done.

Ema

« Reply #458 on: April 26, 2015, 12:03 »
Yesterday I sowed some sweet corn at home, had a sort out of seeds- ones to give away, ones to sow direct, ones to sow at home.

Pigguns you can grown sweetcorn and pumpkins in the same bed

chillimummy

« Reply #459 on: April 26, 2015, 19:49 »
Was going to put together greenhouse but worked yesterday and didn't think could do it in a day today!
Also base damaged so having to wait for new part.  ;)
Stayed home with OH and children in garden.
Not lying on picnic rug like children though.
Chopped up wood from severely pruned apple tree, sewed rocket,salad and mini gem in wooden troughs now free as strawberries moved to plot.
Went to buy slabs to put greenhouse on as decided not to have it just on grass and earth.
Hoping weather fine for next weekend as off work and putting greenhouse up. Very excited  :D   
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Any Comments ? :
http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?board=38.0

Yana

« Reply #460 on: April 26, 2015, 20:26 »
Rescued the small water butt that is precariously perched on a brick since I removed the rotten pallets it was standing on. It had fallen over and taken some of the shed guttering with it.  :(
Will be so glad when I have sorted this new area out and I can put the larger blue barrels there.

Robster

« Reply #461 on: April 26, 2015, 21:42 »
Surbie,  Damned autocorrect.  Ha Ha.  Others have a problem with it too.  I've had some real howlers :ohmy: :ohmy:

Had a good plot day.  Planted out the last of my peas,  Netted over my savoy cabbage which had grown on and filled the sawn off bottle cloche.  Weeded shallot and onion beds and also the asparagus bed.  Counted all the stems as well.  Growster would be proud of me

the spiv

« Reply #462 on: April 27, 2015, 16:25 »
Well planted my potatoes out second earlys and main crop. Also planted my onion sets out red and white. Then strimmed the paths. I was. Told not to plant out any onions that had started to shoot.after i had done it. Is this the done thing
Psst ! oi you wanna buy any petrol coupons

Yana

« Reply #463 on: April 27, 2015, 21:00 »
Eventually got the peas planted. Not sure if planted is the right term as I start them off in guttering and then slide them out and into a small trench. Much easier as germination rate on the plot is really bad.
Put in the last of the broad beans.
Spent ages feeding strawberries some potash and then watered in.
Dug out a load of thistles that had sprouted in the squash/pumpkin beds.
Weeded raspberry beds on fruit plot.
Came home well chuffed with the day's efforts.

JaniceB

• Fighting clay and rabbits
« Reply #464 on: April 28, 2015, 15:42 »
Stared forlornly at potato patch devoid of any greenery except for emerging thistles.
Watered onion sets, spinach and beetroot seedlings.
Poked earth where the carrot seeds went in to see if there was any sign of life.
Covered 2x2m raised bed rampant with Moroccan mint and nettles black weed fabric.
Mowed paths.
Nurtured new compost dalek with a bag of manure and can of water.
Went to see if the rumour of a duck nesting in a pile of compost bags was true - it is!

xx
Been to my plot today for......

Started by jacnal on Grow Your Own

32 Replies
Last post October 23, 2007, 21:17
by gobs
xx
what I did NOT do on the plot today.

Started by richrua on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post March 30, 2013, 10:29
by BabbyAnn
xx
What I did on the plot today 2021

Started by JayG on Grow Your Own

113 Replies
Last post December 29, 2021, 21:46
by comfreykid
xx
What I did on the plot today - 2012

Started by DD. on Grow Your Own

2319 Replies
Last post December 31, 2012, 17:30
by Plot 6B

Page created in 0.313 seconds with 38 queries.