What I did on the plot today 2015

• 923 Replies

snowdrops

Re: What I did on the plot today 2015
« Reply #645 on: June 04, 2015, 21:25 »
Lots, prepared the lasagne bed for the squash, planted a load of gladioli that I found in the shed :wacko:. Also direct sowed runner beans since I've only got 1 come through from my indoor sowings. Also some more broad beans - don't know if that will work but it's got 2 choices. Sat in the shade for a couple of cuppas, 1 with John. Hoed some of the empty beds. Planted the 2 strawberry plants back in the bed now the path is completed.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

chillimummy

« Reply #646 on: June 05, 2015, 19:44 »
Managed whole afternoon at plot. Lovely  :)
No show from peas or french beans sowed couple of weeks ago so resowed. Two rows of cobra beans and two rows of sugar snap peas this time. Hopefully soil warmer so success?
Had small area overgrown with grass and some rhubarb gone to flower. Dug out enormous rhubarb root and weeded whole patch. Hard going  ;)
Dug out path next to it, re covered with weed fabric and bark.
Ready now for sweetcorn if it ever germinates  :D

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Any Comments ? :
http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?board=38.0

Baldy

• Hey Ho Lets Grow!
« Reply #647 on: June 05, 2015, 19:51 »
Weed membrane down and paving slabs put down had a robin for company for an hour as I turned the earth over- its vaguely flat now but I doubt my groundwork skills will lead to any paid employment ; ;)

So, have a path to the shed and a patio area for entertianing... The slabs were a gift from a friend on the plot - they are far better than anything I have at home... A few toms potted on as well.

Pip pip,
Balders

Eblana

« Reply #648 on: June 05, 2015, 21:25 »
Went up and discovered that I had left the water on in the Polytunnel since last Thursday, the PT has a foot of water in the right hand raised bed.  I am hoping that it will dry out over the weekend as I am waiting to put my Tomatos in.

I spent a while planting out the courgettes and weeding around the Rhubarb.

LandShark

• Experienced Member
« Reply #649 on: June 05, 2015, 21:51 »
Finally managed to finish off netting the fruit bushes those birds were starting to look interested!! Might actually get to taste the fruit before they're all gone this year.
Checked on my seeds, peapods will need planted next weekend so I'll need to prepare that bed this week, 2nd batch sweetcorn and chard will be another few weeks.
Lovely afternoon and evening here!!

snowdrops

« Reply #650 on: June 05, 2015, 22:06 »
Went up and discovered that I had left the water on in the Polytunnel since last Thursday, the PT has a foot of water in the right hand raised bed.  I am hoping that it will dry out over the weekend as I am waiting to put my Tomatos in.

I spent a while planting out the courgettes and weeding around the Rhubarb.

Oops

caroline800

« Reply #651 on: June 05, 2015, 23:46 »
tried out my new toy - petrol mower picked up today for £40 - managed mow down the grass on the plot from about 2 foot, now down to 2"  :D

I LIKE my new toy  :D

Flowertot

« Reply #652 on: June 06, 2015, 15:41 »
Finally planted out the courgettes and spooky pumpkins with my 2 small helpers. Edible pumpkins/squash still a little small to go out in this wind - hopefully next weekend.

RJR_38

• www.foodinmytum.com
« Reply #653 on: June 06, 2015, 16:07 »
Strimmed the paths, weeded a couple of beds.

I am becoming increasingly concerned about my onions. This is my third year - year 1 onions grew well. Last year they were pathetic and didn't do anything but as most people on the plot had the same problem I wasn't too concerned.

This year... My onions are still very very small,  some leaves are going yellow at the tip then dying offs completely. I have dug up a few to see if there any problems and I can't see anything - the set still seems solid. It's the same with most of my overwintering onions, shallots and summer onions. I googled and wish I hadn't as there are so many scary looking diseases :(

chillimummy

« Reply #654 on: June 06, 2015, 20:38 »
Sowed row of chard. Parsnips chitting to go in final row with radish then biggest bed full  :)
Next to plant are butternut squash, courgettes and pumpkins. Bed ready, just needs few marestail digging out  ;)
Sweetcorn at home showing signs of germination from chitting so into pots soon. Hope they catch up  ;)
Sowed at home some mint in big pot.
Gave plot big watering 

Flowertot

« Reply #655 on: June 07, 2015, 17:15 »
Weeding....weeding.....and more weeding...

Offwego

• Experienced Member
« Reply #656 on: June 07, 2015, 17:58 »
Transplanted rhubarb, long story see other thread

Weeded,
Strimmed edges to both plots
Planted pumpkin in a sack of well rotted
Hoed in between all rows on plot 2
Copious amount of water applied all round

« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 21:32 by Offwego »

snowdrops

« Reply #657 on: June 07, 2015, 20:59 »
Planted broad bean plants Mike gave me plus what I hope are pea plants & not sweet peas that he also left me. Planted all my bean plants-climbers- runner x1 :wacko:,cannelino, purple podded, yellow, ying & yang x2, Aeron purple star. Dwarf beans- green- blue lake & yellow. Planted fennel. Weeded the parsnips, whoopee I've got loads. Chatted to my old plot neighbour Helen who came up to see me & her old plot had a cuppa & a piece of cake in the sunshine.

Lardman

« Reply #658 on: June 07, 2015, 21:12 »
Weeded around the apple trees, planted out the crimson crush and made an attempt at removing the chickweed from the asparagus.

Levelled some of the beds I'd just piled soil on ready for planting the courgettes which have finally germinate  :mad:

miggs

« Reply #659 on: June 07, 2015, 21:38 »
It seems I did what a lot of others did, hoed, hoed and then did a bit more hoeing. Strimmed all the paths and then applied some weed killer around some areas of the plot that I am already getting ready for next year. As it's quite a large plot I sometimes don't get around to it all to keep it tidy. I made a decision a while ago now to concentrate on the area's that are good. I keep the first 4 bed's tidy and weed free. Putting weedkiller down now will free up approx another 50% of the plot. Once the stuff does it's work I will dig it all over ready for planting stuff over the winter.

xx
Been to my plot today for......

Started by jacnal on Grow Your Own

32 Replies
Last post October 23, 2007, 21:17
by gobs
xx
what I did NOT do on the plot today.

Started by richrua on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post March 30, 2013, 10:29
by BabbyAnn
xx
What I did on the plot today - 2013

Started by Paul Plots on Grow Your Own

2699 Replies
Last post December 31, 2013, 19:40
by snowdrops
xx
What I did on the plot today 2020

Started by JayG on Grow Your Own

247 Replies
Last post December 31, 2020, 15:57
by Aidy

Page created in 0.439 seconds with 37 queries.