What I did on the plot today 2015

• 923 Replies

marcofez

• Experienced Member
  • Land of the Triffids
Re: What I did on the plot today 2015
« Reply #615 on: May 27, 2015, 21:54 »
Weeded, left plants out to harden off, watered, moved plants around onto 1 staging, moved other staging out!

RJR_38

• www.foodinmytum.com
« Reply #616 on: May 27, 2015, 22:15 »
The boring essentials - weeding and watering....

Yana

« Reply #617 on: May 28, 2015, 07:38 »
Yesterday planted up pumpkin and squash beds and erected bamboo cane type-thingy to try to stop the foxes digging the plants up. Wrapped a bit of fleece round the structure to keep off the wind over the next few days so the plants would have a chance to get established. Planted put a couple of courgette plants just to finish things off.
Fruit / pumpkin / squash / courgette plot looking ok. Need to catch up with elusive plot holder with the end half of the plot as the weeds are hooooooge and setting seed already. Don't fancy having to spend ages weeding those out!!
I have my own cement mixer and not afraid to use it!!

Flowertot

« Reply #618 on: May 29, 2015, 19:14 »
Planted out the French beans (dwarf and climbing) with my young helper (hence the beans are green, purple and yellow ;)). Started to harden off the courgettes as they are getting flower buds  :ohmy: and I haven't prepared their bed yet  ::).

Yana

« Reply #619 on: May 29, 2015, 22:19 »
Planted out dwarf French beans and a few runner beans that seem to be mixed up with the French beans??
Admired module grown beetroot (first time I've done it this way) as they are now the size of a golfball. Picked a few strawbs and checked on first earliest that have nearly all flowered. couldnt resist  a furtle around and came away with some lovely new potatoes for dinner tonight. ☺️

mjg000

• Winner, Prettiest Pumpkin - 2015
« Reply #620 on: May 30, 2015, 15:19 »
Finally weeded the onions sets planted this Spring, then weeded a few other beds but didn't have time to tackle the new raspberry bed.  Then picked a good box full of strawberries, enough for 2, and pulled the very first carrots of the year, grown from seed sown straight into the ground in mid March. Little finger size and very straight.  So pleased :)

Potty Plotty Lotty

• https://thelazyallotmenteer.wordpress.com/
« Reply #621 on: May 30, 2015, 15:34 »
Planted out this stuff and did various other jobs.

Natasha

« Reply #622 on: May 30, 2015, 18:06 »
Dug out a new section of bed but had to stop when it got too wet - lots of rain this morning and I'm expanding into the waterlogged end of the plot as well. So I weeded the beds instead, then pulled out some leeks which were going to seed and had a furtle for new potatoes.  Dinner tonight included leeks sliced in half and braised in butter and we shared six tiny Lady Christls - the first of the year.  Heaven!

Flowertot

« Reply #623 on: May 30, 2015, 18:55 »
Dug over and weeded the bed for the courgettes/pumpkins to go in next weekend. Potted on the tomatoes into their big final pots and the chillis as well.

Urbanite

• Experienced Member
« Reply #624 on: May 30, 2015, 19:44 »
Transferred Toms from small greenhouse at home, into grow bags and pots at plot, strung them to greenhouse roof (bit optimistic greenhouse is 8` high). Planted a couple of 30 litre buckets with sarpo mira...run out of compost for the other 2 tubs. thinned out perpetual spinach and chard...sowed another 2 rows of each. Went on a mares tail pulling session in the spud bed (noticed my earlies, seconds and main crop have all started to flower). Finally sorted a decent frame for the enviro-mesh on the carrot bed (used 8` canes and those rubber connector thingie`s). Got home sowed some b/nut squash and potted on the Bolivian rainbow chillie`s...noticed slug/snail damage to a Trinidad scorpion...moved the super-hots onto higher staging. Knackered.
. . . You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. . . .

Maarten

« Reply #625 on: May 30, 2015, 21:42 »
Decided that today was the day to plant out quite a few plants. Sweet corn, Callaloo, Courgettes, Pole beans, Cabbages, Brussels sprouts, PSB, Cauliflower. A few more things to go...

LandShark

• Experienced Member
« Reply #626 on: May 30, 2015, 22:28 »
Great day!! Planted out my courgettes, pumpkins, sweetcorn, celery and more kale. Managed to edge the veg beds and weed them all too. My other half also finished building our boundary fence!! :D

Ema

« Reply #627 on: May 31, 2015, 12:21 »
Thursday I weeded between the onions and shallots, hoed the gaps between beds and strimedd the grass. Dug out more fartachokes. Planted out some psb someone gave me, think these will need moving later in the year. Planted some lettuce in gaps between the squashes.

Mattgregory27

• Experienced Member
« Reply #628 on: May 31, 2015, 22:27 »
Popped up for an hour and planted out my sweetcorn and pumpkins for Halloween.

Aled

« Reply #629 on: June 01, 2015, 09:02 »
Earthed up the potatoes!
That's it really, radishes, spinach and lettuce nearly ready to be harvested.
Cheers
Aled 

xx
Been to my plot today for......

Started by jacnal on Grow Your Own

32 Replies
Last post October 23, 2007, 21:17
by gobs
xx
what I did NOT do on the plot today.

Started by richrua on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post March 30, 2013, 10:29
by BabbyAnn
xx
What I did on the plot today 2023

Started by New shoot on Grow Your Own

158 Replies
Last post December 30, 2023, 00:26
by Subversive_plot
xx
What I did on the plot today 2022

Started by JayG on Grow Your Own

125 Replies
Last post December 22, 2022, 08:34
by Scottie

Page created in 0.448 seconds with 37 queries.