What I did on the plot today 2015

• 923 Replies

Urbanite

• Experienced Member
Re: What I did on the plot today 2015
« Reply #585 on: May 22, 2015, 19:19 »
built 8x6 shed, left wife on weeding duties and she seriously loosened all the onions so firmed them back in...hope they`ll be OK :unsure:
. . . You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. . . .

Yana

« Reply #586 on: May 22, 2015, 19:29 »
Haven't been for a few days and boy oh boy the plot has changed soooooo much in a short time.
The early potatoes are flowering, the onions needed weeding as did the germinated parsnips bed.
The Brussels and cabbage are coming along a treat and the mangetout are climbing up the netting.
Weeded raspberry bed and strawberry barrels, thinned carrots and beetroot and stood back and realised that it's all go from now on!!
I have my own cement mixer and not afraid to use it!!

Annen

• Anne's Gardening Diary
« Reply #587 on: May 22, 2015, 19:41 »
Planted out my climbing beans and replaced the automatic window opener on the potting shed.
Anne

mrsbean

« Reply #588 on: May 22, 2015, 23:30 »
planted last of my broadbeans, row of cosmos,sunflowers that are 12ins, put potted on chillies in greenhouse. then the heavy drizzley rain made us pack up.

Elm street

• Experienced Member
« Reply #589 on: May 23, 2015, 12:17 »
Went to the plot last night, planted out another courgette, pumpkins ans kidney beans all provided by SHMBO's work colleague  ::) all surplus to requirements but had to be put in the plot!
Made her dig a spare bit of ground to put the beans in, that should teach her  :lol:
Did some weeding and had fish & chips on the plot followed by a cup of coffee, yummy!

Lardman

« Reply #590 on: May 23, 2015, 15:52 »
Weeded the autumn planted garlic which was almost lost in a sea of chickweed   :blush:
Rebuilt the raised bed I fix about a fortnight ago, I should have done it properly the first time.
Started to weed the raspberries but was beaten back by some sneaky nettles - I still can't feel my finger tips  ::)

RJR_38

• www.foodinmytum.com
« Reply #591 on: May 23, 2015, 18:07 »
Put out the last of my squash as they were starting to suffer in pots. The courgettes I moved down last week are thriving so I'm not worried.

Weeded a couple of paths and the oca bed - they are growing well now
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 18:41 by RJR_38 »

Flowertot

« Reply #592 on: May 23, 2015, 18:37 »
Planted out the broccoli (calabrese) and built the net cage to cover it. Weeded the onions/shallots and gave them a liquid feed (and also the leeks still in their tray). Young helper sowed some more French beans to replace those recently eaten by slug/snail  >:(.  Noticed that some of the potatoes (Sharpe's Express and Charlotte) are getting flower buds  :).

Steveharford

« Reply #593 on: May 23, 2015, 19:43 »
Hi flowertot. What sid you feed your onions and shallots with? and why? I'm wondering about giving mine a boost.

snowdrops

« Reply #594 on: May 23, 2015, 20:25 »
Planted my lettuce,little gem,webs,iceberg & a new one heritage I think it was called,it's red :). Cleared the brassicas,the purple sprouting was going woody & I've had so much I'm tired of it. Then dug over half of that bed. Had 2 cups of tea, & showed son my new path that hubby had put down for me last week.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

pompeyboy61

« Reply #595 on: May 23, 2015, 20:39 »
Weeding ,weeding and more weeding .sowed Fennel and thinned out carrots , lettuce , beetroot and coriander.Basil failed so have two rows to reseed . Looking at getting the tomatoes in to the raised beds , but still being patience because of the weather..

Flowertot

« Reply #596 on: May 23, 2015, 22:35 »
Hi flowertot. What sid you feed your onions and shallots with? and why? I'm wondering about giving mine a boost.
Hi Steve. I used Miraclegro all purpose liquid feed (it's a concentrate so I dilute it). I have very free draining soil on my allotment which needs nutrients added.  I understand it's not good to dig manure in when you plant onions so instead I use a liquid feed every now and again to give them a little boost.

grendel

« Reply #597 on: May 24, 2015, 16:48 »
I had a choice, plot or front garden, front garden won, it has now been weeded and the huge bamboo removed, roots were up to 5m from the main plant.
we do the impossible daily, miracles take a little longer.

mjg000

• Winner, Prettiest Pumpkin - 2015
« Reply #598 on: May 24, 2015, 18:17 »
Went down this afternoon, planted out the cauliflowers I bought from the plant sale at the allotment shop yesterday. Sorted out the courgette and squash which I'm passing on to my son for his community allotment and took them home to be delivered tomorrow, then watered onions and beans even though the skies were heavy and grey, but it still hasn't rained 3 hours later so just as well I did.

chillimummy

« Reply #599 on: May 24, 2015, 19:12 »
Spent yesterday and today putting up greenhouse with OH in back garden. Hard work!
Yesterday had slow start getting head round instructions but finished separate parts.
Today put it all together quite quickly but putting polycarbonate sheets in was awful  :)
Very sore fingers now. :(
Pegged to grass at mo but tomorrow fastening it to base and base to concrete slabs.
Tuesday going for grow bags and then tomatoes can be moved into it.
At moment too tired to feel excited but am sure that will return when it's properly set up ready and my fingers have recovered  ;)   
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Any Comments ? :
http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?board=38.0

xx
what I did NOT do on the plot today.

Started by richrua on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post March 30, 2013, 10:29
by BabbyAnn
xx
Been to my plot today for......

Started by jacnal on Grow Your Own

32 Replies
Last post October 23, 2007, 21:17
by gobs
xx
What I did on the plot today 2018

Started by robinahood on Grow Your Own

355 Replies
Last post December 26, 2018, 17:48
by Offwego
xx
What I did on the plot today 2017

Started by mumofstig on Grow Your Own

513 Replies
Last post December 27, 2017, 20:40
by Plot 1 Problems

Page created in 0.546 seconds with 37 queries.