What I did on the plot today 2015

• 923 Replies

snowdrops

Re: What I did on the plot today 2015
« Reply #375 on: April 09, 2015, 22:43 »
Planted all my spuds,lady Christyl,Swift,Charlotte,Ambo,King Edward,Wilja,Lady Balfour, no more than 8 of any,some just 3. All in short rows of 3 or 4. Hubby rotovated a few beds for me & put a temporary path down past the cherry tree, had a fire with the remains of last weeks fire, then came home for lunch with a bag of PSB & after lunch tidied out the garden shed
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Beetroot Queen

« Reply #376 on: April 10, 2015, 10:10 »
Plot this pm but we have just been and purchased sweetcorn and compost ( jacks magic) feeling good and positive, also play sand so the kids can dig while I sow seeds

Yana

« Reply #377 on: April 10, 2015, 18:58 »
Happened again.......
Yesterday had today all planned out and then got a call from friend to say he was having his decking replaced with block paving and did I want it?? Did I??
Grabbed OH, and off we went. Collected one truk load yesterday and two more today and still two more to go. AND a pergola in perfect condition. That's what friends are for.
Before collected decking today, put in peas that were growing in guttering and planted out cabbage and cauli.
Earthed up potatoes as they were poking out and general tidy up.
Tonight will be sipping a glass of vino and planning what to use the decking for. I'm so excited!!
I have my own cement mixer and not afraid to use it!!

teamspotty

• Experienced Member
  • Everything spotty....
« Reply #378 on: April 10, 2015, 19:41 »

Marathon digging session, arrived at plot before 8, didn't leave post 18:00....
Everything spotty....

AnneB

« Reply #379 on: April 11, 2015, 16:41 »
Sowed Stokesley peas and Bullroyd pea beans.   Also sowed radish and spinach.  Planted some bulbs in box in front of the shed.  OH weeded the fruit bed.  Picked PSB, mustard greens, leaf beet, forced rhubarb and some chives.   Covered the prepared sweetcorn bed with cardboard to keep it weed free until planting time. 

Annen

• Anne's Gardening Diary
« Reply #380 on: April 11, 2015, 17:13 »
Installed an automatic window opener but I don't know whether it works 'cos its been too blummin' cold!
Anne

RJR_38

• www.foodinmytum.com
« Reply #381 on: April 11, 2015, 17:18 »
Planted out oca as the chits were beginning to get little leaves  :lol: dug over a bed and then got rained off. This afternoon I picked up a patio size greengage from the supermarket which looks promising as it was a good shape, had lots of leaves coming and is a self fertilising variety so I will get that planted in tomorrow!

chillimummy

« Reply #382 on: April 11, 2015, 20:20 »
Spent couple of hours weeding fruit bed and dug over main area of plot ready for brassicas and peas and beans. 
Where potatoes are going needs small amount of weeding and digging over and more manure.
Planning to move strawberries from home to plot in the evenings this week after work.
Hoping weather stays dry.  :)
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Any Comments ? :
http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?board=38.0

Offwego

• Experienced Member
« Reply #383 on: April 11, 2015, 20:28 »
 A full shift on  plot 2 today

Quite a cold day but luckily dry
Firstly we started at 930 am putting up the newly delivered shed, what felt  like 1 million screws later at around 330 pm it was done. These metal sheds are a great buy but hell they take some putting up and the instructions weren't the best. I must admit I hoped it would come in 5 panels not completely unassembled like it was.
After a very quick break  my wife went to her plot 1 and did a load of weeding and repaired the fruit tunnel
Whilst I earthed up the earlies again and made a base for my water butt
We then went to the nearest coast line and fetched 2 bags of seaweed , 1 of which I have added to the compost dalek  and 1 will be put in a hessian sack and submersed in the water butt tomorrow.
Finally sat down at 730pm - shattered but happy :) :)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 20:29 by Offwego »

Robster

« Reply #384 on: April 12, 2015, 06:26 »
Planted out Alderman peas and made good the gaps in the outdoor sown first early peas with others that I had sown in root trainers.  Wrap round netting seems to be doing a good job of protection.  Harvested overwintered spring onions from my cold frame and planted out dwarf french beans into it.  Put a layer of bubble wrap under the lids to keep them snug.  I watered all the seedlings that are coming up- leeks, parsnips, radish, sorrel carrot.  Finally I watered the chard, I want one more cut before I dig up last years plants.  They've been very productive for us.

Ema

« Reply #385 on: April 12, 2015, 07:54 »
Spent 6 hours in the plot with the OH yesterday.

We dug the out the stale compost bins all full of old couch grass and disposed of n the trailer, managed a barrow of good compost and put this in the potato bed. Heard a little squeak and found a shrew, left it alone but realised later we had already killed one :(
Renetted my peas to keep the shrews from nibbling them.
Planted 2 rows of spuds
Dug out 2 thin grass paths hard work as the ground was so compacted, promised myself I will hoe these more regularly this year.
Put a few timber edges down to keep the grass and stone paths out.
Had a light careful spray around some rhubarb and red currants.
resecured some of the plastic sheeting.
Was a lovely sunny day too hot at times :) put factor 30 on twice

Today I'm going to be sowig broadbeans, lettuces, herbs, runner beans and more peas at home plus tidying up the shed.

Steveharford

« Reply #386 on: April 12, 2015, 11:08 »
Removed sideshoots from toms, then fed those and the chillies with half strength Vitax Q4.  Looks like i need to pot on some of them.
Will be sowing runners and french beans later.
Final earthing up of first earlies in pots inside.
Got a row of Vivaldi spuds I desperately want to get in if my back will stop giving me gyp.

RJR_38

• www.foodinmytum.com
« Reply #387 on: April 12, 2015, 15:50 »
A productive day today! I got down the plot early and dug out an area of nettle and bindweed (about a wheelbarrows worth), planted out my new greengage tree, dug over, raked and sieved a bed and sowed a few rows of carrots in it and then netted it. Weeded the strawberry bed which really needs to be sorted out and redone after this season I think and harvested more leeks and rhubarb.

When I got home I sowed sprouts, French beans, courgettes, squash and thinned out my lettuce  that is springing up nicely.

Lovely and warm here today but incredibly windy!

pigguns

• Mitcham, South London
« Reply #388 on: April 12, 2015, 18:04 »
purchased sweetcorn and compost ( jacks magic)
I've found it caked a bit for fine seeds to push through, so am now cutting mine with coir.

- Windy, so just watered things that were in plus a little bit of weeding, but wearing a skirt I couldn't bend over (with the wind!) and I have a badly grazed knee from a tipsy-stupid shoes-uneven path incident Sat night which is too painful to kneel on, so went home in a sulk to greenhouse potter... :mad:

Yana

« Reply #389 on: April 13, 2015, 07:14 »
Took grass cuttings for the compost bin plus all the dead daff flower heads.
Quick check everything ok as winds have been quite strong and broad beans only planted out a few days ago.
Rhubarb coming along nicely.

xx
Been to my plot today for......

Started by jacnal on Grow Your Own

32 Replies
Last post October 23, 2007, 21:17
by gobs
xx
what I did NOT do on the plot today.

Started by richrua on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post March 30, 2013, 10:29
by BabbyAnn
xx
What I did on the plot today - 2013

Started by Paul Plots on Grow Your Own

2699 Replies
Last post December 31, 2013, 19:40
by snowdrops
xx
What I did on the plot today 2020

Started by JayG on Grow Your Own

247 Replies
Last post December 31, 2020, 15:57
by Aidy

Page created in 0.466 seconds with 37 queries.