Got the hump..

• 23 Replies

compostqueen

Re: Got the hump..
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2014, 10:52 »
So maddening but it happens. Keep minimum stocks. 

I once had my porridge oats hatch out  :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:  I had eaten my porridge but the tupperware container was on the side. I noticed bugs were crawling to the top of the container to try and get out. Hundreds of em  :ohmy:  It's only happened the once thankfully

Carrot cake! My fave. I make mine with yellow courgettes  :D

plum crumble

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2014, 11:12 »
so, there's me thinking I am a vegetarian, whereas............. bleargh, where's a VOMIT icon when you need it??  :unsure:
small, Welsh and almost certainly bonkers, but can be tamed with Talisker, if required

Mrs Bee

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2014, 15:11 »
So maddening but it happens. Keep minimum stocks. 

I once had my porridge oats hatch out  :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:  I had eaten my porridge but the tupperware container was on the side. I noticed bugs were crawling to the top of the container to try and get out. Hundreds of em  :ohmy:  It's only happened the once thankfully

Carrot cake! My fave. I make mine with yellow courgettes  :D

Well at least you got some extra protein. :D

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2014, 16:05 »
I saw all types of flour with mites in, in Greece, they still sell it loose from big bags stood on the shop floor  :wacko:
Everybody just sieved it before use *bleugh* I found it in oats as well, luckily before I used any!

I was really happy when they opened the Lidl and I could buy supermarket flour and oats ... the bread flour didn't taste as nice - but at least it was bug-free   :lol:

Lardman

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2014, 18:50 »
I stopped off at the corner shop and bought a bag.. shockingly expensive but I wanted CAKE  :tongue2:

Made a rhubarb and custard cake instead of carrot cake; I was tired enough to leave something out (like the carrots  ::) ) It's not bad at all as cake goes :ohmy: needed more rhubarb and less sugar but it's a good starting point.

I've still got the hump but at least now I have a noggin of cake as compensation.  :tongue2:

barley

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2014, 19:24 »
try cooking with them in the flour nom nom nom !!!! extra crunch

Plot46

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2014, 04:31 »
so, there's me thinking I am a vegetarian, whereas............. bleargh, where's a VOMIT icon when you need it??  :unsure:

Here's a couple to help you PC.   :lol: :lol:

« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 08:28 by mumofstig »
Drinking rum before 11am doesn't make you an alcoholic, it makes you a Pirate

plum crumble

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2014, 18:10 »
much obliged.  :lol:

chrissie B

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2014, 17:26 »
its an awful thing to happen as it can go into other things in the cupboard , I got so paranoid I look at the bottom of bags when im buying them and just look at the seam parts of the bag just incase ive seen them in shops , it happens its part of life im afraid I would chuck it and check where you keep it and hoover the cupboard out .
chrissie b
Woman cannot live by bread alone , she must have cake , biscuits cheese and the occasional glass of wine .🍷

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 38 queries.