Staldren

• 4 Replies

Milly

• Experienced Member
Staldren
« on: June 25, 2014, 15:00 »
Has anyone used staldren? I wanted to buy some stalosan for my hen run but couldn't get it locally and postage was making it expensive to buy on line. My local BETA can get me 25kg of this for £27, just wondered if anyone had used it or does anyone bother at all?

My hens are in a covered run and I poo pick what I can but I was thinking of using this sort of product to keep bacteria down.

Prod

Re: Staldren
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 15:52 »
Hi I have used Stalosan but not Staldren howeverI have I have just started using Hydrated Lime. I am lucky in that there is a distributor close to where I live and they sell directly to the public so it only costs £4.50 for a 20klg bag. It can be used directly in the pens or wherever you keep your birds (but it is can be used for all farm animals) it is a natural product & non toxic and it states that it will sanitise and helps prevent diseases and pests, even the dreaded red mite. I 'poo' pick every day but once a week I clean the coops out completely and, using a turkey baster, I spread it all round the coops and once a month I 'dust' my birds with it as well.  Hope that's helpful.

Milly

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 18:24 »
Thanks. I use DE in the coop but I was looking for something for the run. Hydrated Lime is cheap compared to the others, will it do the same job in the run as stalosan?

Sassy

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 17:41 »
If memory serves me right, and it may not!, I think Joyful uses Bio dry which does the same job as Stalosan but is cheaper to buy. I would contact the makers of the one you wish to use and ask for local suppliers.  :)
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted!!

Milly

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 20:46 »
I bought the staldren but will look into the lime and Bio dry

Page created in 0.381 seconds with 36 queries.