6 kittens, 1 special mum

• 115 Replies

evie2

Re: She's having kittens, now!!!
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2014, 20:53 »
We had 4 after 4 hours, so we thought that was it.  Bramble and the kits were all clean and snoozing, so we had dinner and another cup of tea :) After about an hour or so we checked the new family.  Still 4 kits but they and the nice clean nest were soaking wet :ohmy: 30 minutes later when we had dried them off and cleaned the nest number 5 appeared :ohmy: a bit of a surprise but we did think there could have been 5 :) Another round of cleaning up and Bramble, the kits and me had a nap :) then at around 8 pm Eils came to get me because she thought something was happening, she was right, as soon as I got to Bramble she let out such a cry and number 6 was born :ohmy: :) another ginger and big.  There are photos, some a bit gory, we'll post the nice ones as soon as we can :D they're beautiful 8)
May this day be blessed with gifts, understanding and friends.  Merlin 2001-2012 Pandora 2001-2013 xxx

devonbarmygardener

• I live, therefore I garden!

snowdrops

« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2014, 20:56 »
Wow, you're going to be up to your ears in them :D. I hope that's all for now folks :D
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

evie2

« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2014, 21:08 »
She's such a laid back cat, she didn't get worried when we 'helped' in fact she was happily lay on her back having her tummy rubbed purring away while the first 2 were born :D  she didn't mind Mists frequent visits or Willow using the litter box, she's been to have a drink too and now they are all asleep :D

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2014, 03:29 »
Well done Bramble! Six, blimey, what a handful. Looking forward to pics. :D

spottymint

• Experienced Member
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2014, 09:04 »
Six ! No wonder she looked like a beach ball with legs.  :lol:

I think you may have to find homes for some, I know when you thought it was 2, you were gonna keep them, but 6 ?

madcat

« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2014, 17:53 »
6 names .... well as Bramble is Mum, then how about Berry and Apple and Currant (currantbun for pet name) ... now I'm stuck .... :unsure:
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

snowdrops

« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2014, 20:39 »
You could have jam, gooseberry, Logan,Tay,peaches :). Hope they are all doing well.

evie2

« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2014, 23:02 »
The first one born is sand coloured and Eils has named it Nala whether it's a girl or boy, that's it's name she said ::)  One has the same markings as our beloved Merlin, hope it has the same temperament, he was calm and gentle :D We have 2 dusty grey kits, Ash is their name as we can't tell them apart atm :nowink:  :nowink:  One has similar markings on its head as Bramble, that one's Minime for now :)  Last but not least there's our ginger, who as you will probably have guessed by now is known as Ging, not very original I know but it's only until we find a name that suits it's personality, so being ginger it will no doubt be called menace no mater what ;) :lol:

Debz

« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2014, 09:14 »
Wow, six babies - I can't wait to see the pics.

spottymint

• Experienced Member
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2014, 10:36 »
Their is an advert near us for kittens for sale, Titled " Mum's Had Enough" and the little boy in the advert is called, " Chumlee".

He looks so cute.  :)

evie2

« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2014, 13:47 »
I'm a bit superstitious so didn't want to say what has happened in the past 40hrs but now I can.

After Ging was born we thought there was another baby but nothing happened and Bramble settled down with the kits :D  However, yesterday morning she was still bleeding and it became clear she had an infection.  She was taken as an emergency to the vets and she confirmed what we had thought, there was another kitten.  Bramble had her op and stayed over night.  We collected her this morning, her temp is still a bit high so she has an appointment tonight to make sure it's coming down.  In the meantime we had the joy of bottle feeding 6 kits, some not even a day old, every 3 hours.  To say Eils and I feel like half shut knives is an understatement ::)  Mist helped by keeping us company, making sure we toileted the kits properly ;) and that Pip didn't think they were new squeaky toys >:(  Poor Pip, he's just very exuberant ::)

Bramble is a fantastic mum she accepted the kits, give them a good clean, nursed them and been cleaned by Mist, as I said, she's very laid back :D 

spottymint

• Experienced Member
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2014, 14:26 »
 :ohmy:

So, there was originally 7 kittens ?

I guess no 7 did not make it ?, still 6 is enough. The mums bounce back quick and will take her kittens back. With that number though, you may still need to offer a lending hand, still sister in laws cat didn't mind how much you held her kittens, so long as she could see them.

Glad all is well, and mum is on the mend, but a very worrying time for you all, well done for stepping in.  :)

evie2

« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2014, 16:46 »
She hadn't purred until Eils got home from school :D

snowdrops

« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2014, 20:29 »
Oh what a star Bramble is,wishing her a speedy recovery.

xx
New Kittens

Started by Hawkins on Pets without Feathers

11 Replies
Last post July 13, 2010, 08:35
by Pretty Chick
xx
Our new kittens.

Started by Kate and her Ducks on Pets without Feathers

17 Replies
Last post July 23, 2012, 21:22
by Madame Cholet
xx
Kittens

Started by 22fox on Pets without Feathers

4 Replies
Last post February 18, 2010, 13:16
by Caralou
xx
Talking about new kittens...

Started by Casey76 on Pets without Feathers

1 Replies
Last post July 06, 2010, 06:25
by tosca100

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 39 queries.