auto pop up

• 24 Replies

Sadgit

• Village Idiot
    • Middlesbrough Weather
auto pop up
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2008, 12:14 »
I wouldn't want an automatic one, but what I really do need is a steel door like they use on both of the websites listed... as the wooden one I have is a flip down type that is used as the ramp as well, is warped, gets covered in mud... anyone know of a place where I can get just the steel sliding door, preferably a sideways opening one

Foxy

auto pop up
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2008, 17:48 »
Quote from: "MontyTom"
great device if you are sometimes pushed for time.  i have one and it is peace of mind if back late from work etc.  if you do get one i advise getting a timer too for summer, i.e. not up too early to miss foxes or neighbours if running cockerels.  the link of the company is below.  if you have to deal with them direct they are fantastically efficient.

https://www.axt-electronic.de/index1.htm

This site also sells the aluminium doors too. I have been using them for about 18mths and have never let me down! A useful tip -if you are worried about them closing before the chooks are in you can adjust the light sensitivity. :lol: I got mine from chicken-houseman on ebay. Highly reccomended and excellent service -£65.

MontyTom

• Experienced Member
auto pop up
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2008, 22:47 »
just fit the door sideways instead. easy.

just to reitterate what foxy says, i have had to adjust sensitivity on mine - no problems.

axt sell it all too.

MontyTom

• Experienced Member
auto pop up
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2008, 22:50 »
Quote from: "5aday"
I fitted one of these last month as my 6 hens free range all day and I worried about the fox getting in the coop before I was able to get back from work and shut them up, and it is a great success, the first night I kept an eye out and it was just as well as two of the hens didn't get in before the door shut since then the hens all gather together in the run about half an hour before it gets dark and since that first night all the girls have been tucked up in their coop before the door closes.  The funniest thing to see is when the door opens in the mornings, the hens are practically limbo dancing under the door to get at their breakfast.  I would definately say it was worth the £70 or so cost for the piece of mind that it brings

use a screwdriver in the component with an arrow on it to alter sensitivity - make it shut later.  mine did the same for a while.

MontyTom

• Experienced Member
auto pop up
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2008, 22:52 »
Quote from: "grannieannie"
Then it wouldn't be an auto would it? lol

half auto, then.  it lets them out for you.  mind you, my ducks do actually go in by themselves - well trained! ;)

Sadgit

• Village Idiot
    • Middlesbrough Weather
auto pop up
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2008, 09:06 »
Quote from: "MontyTom"
just fit the door sideways instead. easy.

just to reitterate what foxy says, i have had to adjust sensitivity on mine - no problems.

axt sell it all too.

yeah but that will mean the door rails are too narrow..

Jellyhead

auto pop up
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2008, 16:11 »
In one way or another this post really made me laugh, from toasters to chickens that limbo all I need now is a large Vodka :lol:  :lol:
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!!

Sadgit

• Village Idiot
    • Middlesbrough Weather
auto pop up
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2008, 13:10 »
Just bought a 50cmx33cm door for my coop from https://www.axt-electronic.de/index1.htm

That door isn't listed on their English site but is on the german version.. oddness..

sorrel

• Experienced Member
auto pop up
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2008, 13:18 »
My husband made one!!!  For the times we are late home etc. and it works a treat.   I must admit all the wires, circuits and stuff all over the kitchen table, i was kind of expecting interpol to arrest him, as it did look like he was making some kind of strange explosive device!
Starting from scratch............

milliebecks

• Experienced Member
auto pop up
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2008, 13:32 »
Quote from: "5aday"
The funniest thing to see is when the door opens in the mornings, the hens are practically limbo dancing under the door to get at their breakfast.  

Oh pleeease can we have a photo of that :lol:

xx
auto-feeder

Started by MontyTom on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post August 30, 2007, 23:29
by Foxy
xx
Auto door opener

Started by billathome65 on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post January 05, 2011, 14:43
by billathome65
xx
Problem with auto closer

Started by Diddy Gardener on The Hen House

10 Replies
Last post November 09, 2013, 16:15
by pepsi100
xx
Auto-sexing birds

Started by becksi on The Hen House

0 Replies
Last post August 12, 2009, 09:42
by becksi

Page created in 0.406 seconds with 31 queries.