Tomato advice please

• 16 Replies

mrsbean

Re: Tomato advice please
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2014, 23:14 »
yes my 70+ toms are in 3ins pots waiting for either repotting or going straight in g/h. gave next door 4 bush plants that had started to flower for his patio. always buy 5 moneymaker as they never fail OH loves them, this year i have got 6 varieties on the go, only because we were given out of date seeds last year so i did them and they all germinated will be interesting as i had,nt heard of some of them. if you have a pound land were you live they had tomato fleece jackets.

Spana

Re: Tomato advice please
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2014, 09:10 »
I grow money maker too. The seed is cheap or even given away on magazines and they make excellent chutney. It may be my very hot greenhouse that they like but when I ask anyone to choose their favourite from the 3 varieties I usually grow, Money Maker, Shirley and Sun Gold, the Money Maker is chosen more often than the others. One of the reason I continue with Shirley - other than the toms are so beautiful to look at :) - is the plants go on much longer than  Money Maker. I can keep Shirley going right into January when I get fed up with looking after them and pull them up.

xx
Tomato Advice

Started by thestens on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post October 12, 2015, 20:13
by Growster...
clip
Tomato advice please?

Started by Carlh80 on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post June 01, 2020, 20:05
by Carlh80
xx
tomato advice please

Started by markygreenfingers on Grow Your Own

24 Replies
Last post May 21, 2008, 10:13
by gobs
xx
More Tomato Advice

Started by beth123 on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post June 06, 2010, 20:43
by viettaclark

Page created in 0.433 seconds with 36 queries.