Best Deal on Growbags

• 6 Replies

Mbmyco2

Best Deal on Growbags
« on: April 25, 2014, 17:40 »
Where are the best deals o growbags i need 12 to fill my greenhouse and external for tomatoes , peppers and Cues

thanks

Mike B
Full on Gardening Geek!!!

Steveharford

Re: Best Deal on Growbags
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 18:11 »
Personally I wouldn't, and don't, bother with them. Get some decent sized pots or buckets and some half decent compost. Mix in some bfb and sand or vermiculite. Voila. Job done. Much better

archibtbm

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 18:32 »
Get some decent sized pots or buckets and some half decent compost. Mix in some bfb and sand or vermiculite. Voila. Job done. Much better

Yup, agree.  I found grow bags a royal pain in the... to water.  large 12" pots work a treat.

mjpalin

• MJ - also known as Michelle!
    • Starmaker - my other "hobby"
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 18:54 »
If you really want Grow-Bags, they have 2 for £4 in Sainsbury's at the mo, good sized ones and didn't look too compacted. I will be getting some as I use them as a base and then plant the toms in flower buckets on top with no bottoms to give them extra growing room.
Link to my first attempt at a diary: http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=113513.0

Comments & suggestions on my diary welcome here: http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=113518.0

Spend ytd: £293.44 (setting up plot 29 has been expensive) Harvest ytd: £163.93 (as at 8/8)

Potty Plotty Lotty

• https://thelazyallotmenteer.wordpress.com/
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2014, 20:24 »
B&Q grow bags (the ones containing peat) came out best in for quality a recent Which? report. The current deal is 5 for £7 according to their website.

They have not let me down to date-I either empty them out into pots, or cut them in half and turn them on their ends to give me 2 grow bag pots which makes them easy to water.

salmonking

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2014, 21:21 »
B&Q grow bags (the ones containing peat) came out best in for quality a recent Which? report. The current deal is 5 for £7 according to their website.

They have not let me down to date-I either empty them out into pots, or cut them in half and turn them on their ends to give me 2 grow bag pots which makes them easy to water.

agree,i use these and have never had a problem with them

Totty

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2014, 21:44 »
Personally I wouldn't, and don't, bother with them. Get some decent sized pots or buckets and some half decent compost. Mix in some bfb and sand or vermiculite. Voila. Job done. Much better

That is exactly right IMO.
Bags offer no depth for the roots to grow into. Even if you just buy decent grow bags and use them to fill deep pots would be better.

Totty

xx
Growbags

Started by sandygreen on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post July 21, 2012, 20:28
by Ice
xx
Growbags

Started by garddwr on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post March 15, 2010, 10:39
by upert
xx
GROWBAGS

Started by JJ on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post September 14, 2009, 23:19
by johnfh
xx
Anyone used B&M's growbags before?

Started by Bigrich on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post February 02, 2015, 18:44
by alancas

Page created in 0.336 seconds with 37 queries.