Wish I hadn't

• 50 Replies

SkipRat

Wish I hadn't
« on: January 07, 2008, 17:37 »
Put in my seed order as early as i did, they arrived this morning, I had a good look at them then put them away in a plastic bicuit tin. but i must have took them out to have another look about 1/2 dozen times. Its driving the wife barmy, but i,m itching to get started. Roll on spring.  :lol:  :lol:
I used to work in a helium gas factory, but I walked out, no one talks to me like that.

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
Wish I hadn't
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 17:40 »
I had two deliveries from T & M this morning. Was that itchy, had to put in another order.
Did it really tell you to do THAT on the packet?

wildeone

Wish I hadn't
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 17:50 »
I'm still waiting for mine to arrive!!!!!! :cry:  i read the back of the packets about 20 times i love it!!!! :roll:  :lol:

crowndale

Wish I hadn't
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 17:58 »
I got my onion sets the other day then discovered they were cheaper at b&q yesterday :(  because I am so impatient I have to order early!!  But I might yet need more onion sets so might still grab a bargain!  I sympathise skip, I have even sorted mine into bags so I plant the first lot of each batch of seeds at the right time and don't forget any and made a chart to remind me and another to record what i actually did.  Sad, but true.  but a good constructive way to spend the cold dark eveings of winter me thinks!
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

brucesgirl

Wish I hadn't
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 19:10 »
I've had mine a while. Looked at them loads of times, now I have entered into the diary at the start of each month which seeds to be sown and whether indoors or straight into the ground.

AND have put elastic bands around the seeds for each month, AND have put them in order in the box.

Impatient? Me?
Anal? Me?

:lol:  :lol:

paintedlady

Wish I hadn't
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2008, 09:21 »
Crowndale - that is an excellent idea of putting seeds into bags and using a calendar to note when each bag of seeds are due to be sown.  I always forget something, particularly when it all starts to kick off in March/April/May!

And I don't just read the back of seed packets, I also research each type in various fruit & veg books that I have, and try to glean info from each to get a good feel of what I should be doing or avoiding.  I must have read the books from cover to cover, but now & again I come across something I'd forgotten and think - hey, that's a good idea.  Like knowing that I could plant 2 different veg in the same bed because they like similar soil conditions.
Failure is only a temporary change in direction to set you straight for your next success.
Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
Wish I hadn't
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2008, 09:51 »
Quote from: "brucesgirl"
I've had mine a while. Looked at them loads of times, now I have entered into the diary at the start of each month which seeds to be sown and whether indoors or straight into the ground.

AND have put elastic bands around the seeds for each month, AND have put them in order in the box.

Impatient? Me?
Anal? Me?

:lol:  :lol:

You think you are bad.

I use an Excel spread sheet for the sowing order, Outlook to remind me when to sow and the packets are all filed in order in an airtight tin!

woodentop

Wish I hadn't
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2008, 10:20 »
I got my seed order quickly from T&M and I also ordered some Loch Maree blackberries via a Daily Mail offer. They have not arrived after 10 weeks. They fob you off on the phone - when you eventually get through, Do  not answer e mails or posted letters and generally don't seem to give a hoot. These plants weren't cheap - £16.95 for six I think. I don't know what else I can do to get my plants or money back. Anyone else had probs with them ? :(

Sadgit

• Village Idiot
    • Middlesbrough Weather
Wish I hadn't
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2008, 13:15 »
I've just today started to order my seeds...

blue_cortina

Wish I hadn't
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2008, 19:23 »
I liked reading this thread it really grought to life the excellent enthusiams the people on this forum have... nice.

I realised today how much my wife loves me - she bought me a T&M seed catalogue back frm the garden centre today (she claimed it was for her!)

8)

(Edit)Just looked at the catalogue - and then looked again - amazing stuff....apparently there's even some flowers in the catalogue

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
    • My home business Egg box labels and more
Wish I hadn't
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2008, 22:08 »
I've just got out all my seed leftovers from last year and rekon I only need to buy 6 or so packets this year  :D  Glad I'm not the only one with itchy fingers  :lol:
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

Sadgit

• Village Idiot
    • Middlesbrough Weather
Wish I hadn't
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2008, 22:56 »
Quote from: "richyrich7"
I've just got out all my seed leftovers from last year and rekon I only need to buy 6 or so packets this year  :D  Glad I'm not the only one with itchy fingers  :lol:

I'm tempted to sick some chilli seeds in... but realised it was March when I did last year.. think I will wait...

mushroom

Wish I hadn't
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2008, 02:17 »
Quote from: "DD."

You think you are bad.

I use an Excel spread sheet for the sowing order, Outlook to remind me when to sow and the packets are all filed in order in an airtight tin!

You think you're bad...

1. Mine are arranged alphabetically in both the 'opened' and the 'sealed' containers. Both containers are airtight, both are kept at about 10 C in semi-darkness.

2. Mine are arranged alphabetically on my website

3. I have seperate columns for the number of seeds, their expiry, when to plant, and when to harvest.

4. The opened seeds are on the list, but they are not in alphabetical order,   and it bothers me

5. I did this all on the 8th of November last year

OCD anyone?  :shock:  :lol:

Sadgit

• Village Idiot
    • Middlesbrough Weather
Wish I hadn't
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2008, 07:02 »
Quote from: "mushroom"
Quote from: "DD."

You think you are bad.

You think you're bad...

1. Mine are arranged alphabetically in both the 'opened' and the 'sealed' containers. Both containers are airtight, both are kept at about 10 C in semi-darkness.

2. Mine are arranged alphabetically on my website

3. I have seperate columns for the number of seeds, their expiry, when to plant, and when to harvest.

4. The opened seeds are on the list, but they are not in alphabetical order,   and it bothers me

5. I did this all on the 8th of November last year

OCD anyone?  :shock:  :lol:

I think you are all mad :)

I just guess every time :lol:

mushroom

Wish I hadn't
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2008, 07:10 »
Quote from: "Sadgit"
I'm tempted to sick some chilli seeds in... but realised it was March when I did last year.. think I will wait...

Well, I'm planting mine in the next few days (indoors), they'll go in the cold frame at the end of February. Not that I have any experience growing these things. I started off two back in August/September! They are overwintering indoors.

edit: not 2. I mean 3. One died of wet roots. (I think)

xx
Things you wish you hadn't done this year.

Started by JayG on Grow Your Own

41 Replies
Last post August 10, 2014, 11:24
by Goosegirl

Page created in 0.44 seconds with 36 queries.