has anyone any knowledge of silver laced penciled wyandotte bantams

• 9 Replies

traacyken

• Experienced Member
  • my boy troy!
hi there a guy near me who breeds these and thinking of getting about 3 to join my other girls. what temperaments do they have and are they good layers they are 13 weeks old x

splash101

Not sure about silver penciled but i have partridge wyandottes.

They lay every other day. I think mine started laying around 7 months old

I think wyandottes are beautiful.

Mine are very laid back.

ehs284

We have both a silver laced pencilled wyandotte and a red partridge wyandotte. They are wonderful with voices like squeaky supermarket trolleys. They have lots of confidence and coexist happily with our much larger birds. They are very communicative and the two are very close - the red gets under the silver at night and when the silver was late in to the coop (she explores) one night the red came to me and "told me" ; she wouldn't leave me until we found the errant silver. Lovely birds.

traacyken

• Experienced Member
  • my boy troy!
hi thank you both, i got two of them earlieron this morn, there about 13 weeks old and 3 light sussex that are around four weeks. put the wynadottes in the seperate coup, they will be in with my gold laced orpingtons eventually. the sussex are in the house for a few weeks yet v pretty will look lovely mixed with the gold laced when they are all out together x :D

barley

I have a bantam partridge Wyandotte - she's very very friendly and not at all aggressive , she's 18monthsold and laying well  :D

traacyken

• Experienced Member
  • my boy troy!
thanks the gold laced orpingtons are quite taken with them  :D these two are for now locked in a coup with a run underneath on there own making sure they are ok till i try and mix them :unsure: the orpingtons are v gentle birds and v nosy!.

ehs284

Sounds great. Should have mentioned that we didn't keep them separate - although they had lots of room to avoid the "natives" if necessary. Like the Orpingtons, our Black Rocks were just fascinated with these tiny birds and we never saw any aggression. From day one they jumped onto the perch and settled with the other birds.

traacyken

• Experienced Member
  • my boy troy!
thanks ehs heres a pic of them i just took  not very good tho x
unnamed (32).jpg

Casey76

They look lovely.

Just to be a bit pedantic (as a former dotte breeder), they are silver laced.  Silver pencilled (same as silver partridge) has a double ring of black

Click here for good pics to see the difference ;)

I love dottes, they are  wonderful characters, and generally quiet.  I used to breed various laced colours in the bantam version.  My only issue with them was that it was quite difficult to thell the boys from the girls until they were quite old (12-14 weeks) and the secondary feathers came through.

traacyken

• Experienced Member
  • my boy troy!
thanks again it was me i got it wrong lol, yes they are silver laced god nos why i confused them with the others think my hearings going lol when i asked what he had!, was nosying at the different colours lastnight and realised id got the name wrong. these better be girls he def said they was xx 

xx
Please help sex my silver laced wyandotte bantam

Started by Brood of Bournemouth on The Hen House

13 Replies
Last post August 24, 2012, 04:59
by joyfull
xx
Bantam Silver Laced Wyandotte not laying (22 wks old)

Started by EddTheDuck on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post October 16, 2011, 15:54
by EddTheDuck
thumbdown
silver laced wyondotte bantams

Started by fatwills on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post July 27, 2009, 23:06
by joyfull
xx
Silver Laced Orp LF chicks

Started by nic_28 on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post June 20, 2012, 21:16
by grinling

Page created in 0.238 seconds with 37 queries.