Early Morning Club

• 2706 Replies

devonbarmygardener

• I live, therefore I garden!
Re: Early Morning Club
« Reply #1560 on: November 26, 2014, 12:30 »
Well I was knackered the second I woke up!! >:(
A shame though as I slept like a log after all my exercise yesterday  ::)

Mrs Bee

« Reply #1561 on: November 27, 2014, 02:24 »
Morning all.
Well actually I haven't been to bed yet.

I have had a jolly time dealing with the first of my book cupboards. The ones the builders taped up and sheeted  so the black dust from the breeze  blocks wouldn't get into. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Well it didn't *********     ******** well work. >:( :mad: >:( :mad: >:( :mad:

All my cook books covered with thick black dust. Mr Bee scuttled for cover when I exploded and hasn't shown his nose since 7.30.

I have had to dust, vacuum and stack about 2 thirds of about 400 books, wash down the shelves, then strip off, stick clothes in the wash, get under the shower and then reorder and replace the books.

And I have 2 more book cases to do tomorrow.  :mad: :mad: :mad:

And the shoe box and everywhere actually. 'Cos that ******** dust gets everywhere.

Well at least I have had a clear out and made a pile of books to go.

Will post the list later today in case anyone would like to give some a good home.

Off to bed  with wet hair. DO battle again in the morning. They can get their own ruddy tea tomorrow.

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
« Reply #1562 on: November 27, 2014, 04:02 »
Morning. Chilly one here in BG. :D

rogerbodger

« Reply #1563 on: November 27, 2014, 04:55 »
Morning, another wet one here. If you're reading this in bed, that seems the best place to be

surbie100

• Winner Prettiest Pumpkin - 2014
« Reply #1564 on: November 27, 2014, 06:23 »
Misty and damp over here. Morning all.

snowdrops

« Reply #1565 on: November 27, 2014, 10:24 »
Morning all.
Well actually I haven't been to bed yet.

I have had a jolly time dealing with the first of my book cupboards. The ones the builders taped up and sheeted  so the black dust from the breeze  blocks wouldn't get into. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Well it didn't *********     ******** well work. >:( :mad: >:( :mad: >:( :mad:

All my cook books covered with thick black dust. Mr Bee scuttled for cover when I exploded and hasn't shown his nose since 7.30.

I have had to dust, vacuum and stack about 2 thirds of about 400 books, wash down the shelves, then strip off, stick clothes in the wash, get under the shower and then reorder and replace the books.

And I have 2 more book cases to do tomorrow.  :mad: :mad: :mad:

And the shoe box and everywhere actually. 'Cos that ******** dust gets everywhere.

Well at least I have had a clear out and made a pile of books to go.

Will post the list later today in case anyone would like to give some a good home.

Off to bed  with wet hair. DO battle again in the morning. They can get their own ruddy tea tomorrow.

That's very annoying but the plus is its all clean & reorganised now :D. What are you having done?
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Mrs Bee

« Reply #1566 on: November 27, 2014, 11:35 »
We are having the living room at the back made wider with enormous patio doors and a very large side window. That is done and makes an amazing difference to the room. The previous owners had the extension done but instead of moving the soil stack and the electrics they left the room a metre less on the width. When we moved in we moved a wall between the bathroom and the living room to make the room bigger, moved the electrics to the garage.

The room is now squared off with enormous views of the garden and the chooks That was the clean job.

The filthy job was cutting a new doorway to the dining room and boarding up the old door. :(

That makes a real difference to the room too but of course it was the dust of the old crumbling breeze blocks that was the nightmare.

And the living room and dining room and hall need decorating. And the carpets probable need a clean.

And as soon as the plasterer has done I will be back in there hovering the remaining books.

Hope the dirty stuff will be done this week so we can get straight. The wood flooring and new upstairs bathroom can wait until January.

snowdrops

« Reply #1567 on: November 27, 2014, 11:58 »
Sounds lovely Mrs Bee & will be worth all the mess when it is over. I really don't like the mess any more. I used to take it in my stride years ago when we did alterations although as hubby was in the building trade he we always did our own & I think that makes a difference to the amount of mess when the 'builder' has to live in it. Goodness knows why I have agreed to sell up & downsize to a possible wreck :lol: oh I know why, I might just be able to retire if we downsize enough & consider that to be worth it. Well I hope so :lol:

Mrs Bee

« Reply #1568 on: November 27, 2014, 12:35 »
That sounds a good plan. ;) It is rather exciting to buy a wreck and do it up and modernise.

We  have a retired couple moving in across the road to her mother's old house. They are doing it up. Said they needed a project.  :lol:

I like a project too but regret not having started this one earlier. It is pushing the time frame rather. Especially as I have three markets to do next weekend. Really don't want bits of building rubble in the cakes. :ohmy:  Will be running down the making for sale next year once I have sold the bulk of the stock.

Think it is time for me to retire properly. Besides, I may be needed for child minding in the future. :lol:

Hope your plans work out for you.

snowdrops

« Reply #1569 on: November 27, 2014, 15:33 »
Sounds like a plan for you too. :lol:

Kevin67

• 250m2 grow area + 20' x 10' pt - avid fruit grower
« Reply #1570 on: November 27, 2014, 16:46 »
MrsBee, you might consider doing a registered child minder course so you can charge (and refund...) creatively andfully within the law.

I know personally of two sisters who are registered child minders and each looks after the other's kids and get certain benefits for doing so and read of grandmothers doing likewise. Much more than that I don't know as I haven't had that opportunity.
250m2 grow area + 20' x 10' pt - avid fruit grower
Cheap as chips, diy preferred
Will swap root cuttings etc

"There comes a point where Mother nature just says no, without a lot of electricity." Quote Beesrus

Mrs Bee

« Reply #1571 on: November 27, 2014, 18:35 »
That is kind of you to suggest it Kevin. If I register as a child-minder I think I am correct in saying I would get Ofsted inspections too. And paperwork. :ohmy: :ohmy:

And do I want to do a course?  I am too old to go on those sorts of courses. I am of an age where I can't help speaking my mind and upsetting people. ::)

Besides there are really exciting cookery courses I want to go on in the new year.
I had many years of trying to bite my tongue and keeping my hands firmly in my pockets during Ofsted inspections when I was teaching. :mad: :mad:
 I would be most reluctant to repeat the exercise. ::)

I will keep it in mind tho'. Although I would put money on Mr Bee being more hands on with the baby than I. I am really not a baby person. More interested when they can string a sentence together personally.

Anyway it is all early days yet Kevin. I mustn't spit in the eyes of the gods before the nine months are up.

Kevin67

• 250m2 grow area + 20' x 10' pt - avid fruit grower
« Reply #1572 on: November 27, 2014, 22:05 »
Sounds like you and Mr Bee will be busy!

I and all others here wish you all well over the next year in all things. It's frightening how quickly it will come.

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
« Reply #1573 on: November 28, 2014, 02:25 »
Morning all. So bored of waking up too early and being grumpy all day. :(

pigguns

• Mitcham, South London
« Reply #1574 on: November 28, 2014, 04:53 »
I was up at 4.30am and we've got a big night out later. urrggggh.
Wonder if I can fit in a nap later... :blush:

xx
Early morning bird antics, happen to you?

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Chatting on the Plot

10 Replies
Last post July 06, 2023, 11:57
by DanielCoffey
xx
Book Club - the film

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

0 Replies
Last post June 05, 2018, 15:34
by mrs bouquet
xx
Morning all :)

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

222 Replies
Last post July 29, 2018, 10:01
by Growster...
xx
Went to my local Gardening Club evening...

Started by Rhys on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post February 26, 2018, 21:49
by Rhys

Page created in 0.251 seconds with 53 queries.