Early Morning Club

• 2706 Replies

archibtbm

Re: Early Morning Club
« Reply #285 on: April 15, 2014, 08:17 »
I hope you're talking broad beans, not runner beans! Peas and broad beans would have withstood the temperatures we had last night.

oh aye DD , it's broad beans, the runner beans are in the GH.

devonbarmygardener

• I live, therefore I garden!
« Reply #286 on: April 15, 2014, 09:14 »
We are set for a beautiful day today so that means garden or allotment though there isn't much to do on the allotment. More seed sowing me thinks but first I have to put my greenhouse straight after emptying all the shelves and sorting through stuff  don't need. I came across an enormous spider that would have eaten me alive if I hadn't run for my life. Went back in after I had calmed down and now can't find it so I won't be going in there until I know it's safe  :ohmy:
I can sympathise completely!!!
Huge black spider in my shed yesterday made me too scared to go back in!!! :lol:

Ma Lowe

• Allotment owner from Feb 2014
« Reply #287 on: April 15, 2014, 19:51 »
We are set for a beautiful day today so that means garden or allotment though there isn't much to do on the allotment. More seed sowing me thinks but first I have to put my greenhouse straight after emptying all the shelves and sorting through stuff  don't need. I came across an enormous spider that would have eaten me alive if I hadn't run for my life. Went back in after I had calmed down and now can't find it so I won't be going in there until I know it's safe  :ohmy:
I can sympathise completely!!!
Huge black spider in my shed yesterday made me too scared to go back in!!! :lol:

:ohmy: :ohmy: I don't do sheds too many of the blighters

We still haven't found our humongous tarantula with there'll like a shark so if I need to go in there it's a suit of armour job just in case it decides to attack  :lol:

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
« Reply #288 on: April 16, 2014, 04:15 »
Morning all, lovely damp and warm growing weather here. Nightingale has been singing all night but didn't manage to sing either of us to sleep. :D

cadalot

« Reply #289 on: April 16, 2014, 05:29 »
Must remember to re-set the bleeping alarm clock after and early morning start so I DONT GET TWO IN AS ROW....Doh! no point trying to get back asleep for an hour then feeling really bad al day, so I'm up coffee and computer time Ho Hum

archibtbm

« Reply #290 on: April 16, 2014, 05:49 »
Today is a plot day.......lots to do, so no point laying in bed.....up and at them weeds.

Growster...

« Reply #291 on: April 16, 2014, 06:02 »
Today is a plot day.......lots to do, so no point laying in bed.....up and at them weeds.

We did our longest stint on 'The Patch' yesterday, and felt it in these ol' bones later on..;0)

Looks good down here too, but it's a Marks and Sparks/B and Q/Notcutts day instead...

Hope the weather stays fine for you Archibtm!

Ma Lowe

« Reply #292 on: April 16, 2014, 08:43 »
Morning all, had a lie in this morning as I was so tired after all the hard work I did yesterday......... Sat on a train from Nottingham to Norwich and back. Decided to go to work with hubby and glide through the countryside. Boy is it tiring sitting there doing nothing but look at the lovely countryside on such a beautiful day.
Back to the grind stone today. Greenhouse no1 needs tidying after spider stopped job. Still no sigh  of it so I will be tiptoeing through the greenhouse until I forget about it. Have a good day everyone.  :D

Growster...

« Reply #293 on: April 16, 2014, 21:27 »
The new Notcutts in Pembury (Tunbridge Wells), was nowhere near up to normal Growster standard.

There's a regulated route though the place, so you have to pass the gnomes and silly, stupid garden stuff, and by the time you want a coffee (because you have a Sage card, and get it for nothing), you get a maelstrom of hungry/thirsty/awfully unpleasant people in some sort of queue which has no direction.

Naaah, won't go back there again, they've blown it!

Our village garden centre gets all our attention - Matt goes everywhere to try and find what you want, and we always get a smile, a laugh, quite a lot of friendly chat and a good deal!

Paul Plots

« Reply #294 on: April 17, 2014, 02:50 »
Morning Paul. If it is muscle cramp - eating a banana often helps.

Thanks for the tip. Shame there's going to be a shortage of the things it seems.

Why does cramp swap from one leg to the other? I usually get in my right calf but its moved across and up a bit.  ???

Here's wishing all you early rises a lovely morning when the sun pops up later today. I'm off for a bout of cramp and a huge dose of beauty sleep which I really do need. (I avoid cameras these days  :lol: )
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

Trillium

« Reply #295 on: April 17, 2014, 04:46 »
Taking an epsom salts soak in the tub helps a lot with muscle cramp. It gets more magnesium into your system, which helps keep away the cramps and the blood flowing.

Annen

• Anne's Gardening Diary
« Reply #296 on: April 17, 2014, 04:49 »
still dark here, cant get back to sleep. The magpie is chuntering in the tree outside my window and the blackbird is in fine voice
Anne

Ma Lowe

« Reply #297 on: April 17, 2014, 07:14 »
Good morning everyone, looks like another nice day. More work in the greenhouse for me today sowing another magnitude of seeds   :D

Paul Plots

« Reply #298 on: April 17, 2014, 13:19 »
Didn't that morning fly by!

Chores done and almost free for a few hours... just waiting for a visitor to turn up before I can set off.

Hope everyones day is going well.

Thanks for the tips Trillium but, unexpectedly, I had a good night with no sign of cramp. Here's hoping for two in a row.

Ma Lowe

« Reply #299 on: April 17, 2014, 14:36 »
Didn't that morning fly by!

Chores done and almost free for a few hours... just waiting for a visitor to turn up before I can set off.

Hope everyones day is going well.

Thanks for the tips Trillium but, unexpectedly, I had a good night with no sign of cramp. Here's hoping for two in a row.

By the time i ate my breakfast the weather had turned grey and cold  :(

xx
Early morning bird antics, happen to you?

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Chatting on the Plot

10 Replies
Last post July 06, 2023, 11:57
by DanielCoffey
xx
Book Club - the film

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

0 Replies
Last post June 05, 2018, 15:34
by mrs bouquet
xx
Morning all :)

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

222 Replies
Last post July 29, 2018, 10:01
by Growster...
xx
Went to my local Gardening Club evening...

Started by Rhys on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post February 26, 2018, 21:49
by Rhys

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 53 queries.