Early Morning Club

• 2706 Replies

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Re: Early Morning Club
« Reply #2640 on: August 10, 2016, 08:13 »
What happened to all of you early birds? Are you sleeping in these days?

I am  :lol:

My work circumstances have changed and instead of a full-time job with a good commute, that meant early starts, I now have 2 part-time jobs, 1 of which often means starting early afternoon and working on into the evening.   

Its taken me about a year to adjust, but I'm not such an early bird now.  The chickens are my alarm clock and even they aren't kicking off until about 7ish each morning.

Glad to hear your health has improved  :)

snowdrops

« Reply #2641 on: August 10, 2016, 09:33 »
Hi Paul, pleased to hear from you again, I've been unwell & my tablets make me slow to get started in the morning. Hopefully I'll get get back to being me soon, I quite like being up & about reasonably early.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Paul Plots

« Reply #2642 on: August 10, 2016, 14:30 »
Hi Paul, pleased to hear from you again, I've been unwell & my tablets make me slow to get started in the morning. Hopefully I'll get get back to being me soon, I quite like being up & about reasonably early.

Sorry you've not been well - hope you're on the mend soon.

Early mornings? I only do these if I've been awake all night.... I prefer the evenings as the sun goes down. Colours in the garden can be fabulous especially oranges.
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

Paul Plots

« Reply #2643 on: August 10, 2016, 14:35 »
I so wish there was a "Like" button Newshoot....

Breaking away from the big commute must be a good thing in my opinion. A change in circumstances does take some getting accustomed to.  I'm still working on it.

Hope life is more relaxed and there's more space for you. I like train journeys but that's only because I only rarely take them... (local train service is dire especially now there's a strike!!)

Happy chook keeping :)

rogerbodger

« Reply #2644 on: August 13, 2016, 06:39 »
Morning all .... 2 hours lie-in this morning :) Hoping to find some time today to do some work on my plot, it's been a little neglected this year  :(

Paul Plots

« Reply #2645 on: August 13, 2016, 23:34 »
Morning all .... 2 hours lie-in this morning :) Hoping to find some time today to do some work on my plot, it's been a little neglected this year  :(

Back on the plot...... it's easy to find there's always something else that needs doing.... but plotting is a great escape and the results of a little regular effort does so often look lovely.

My new tiny patch gave sweet-peas, beetroot, shallots (drying in the shed) and potatoes today - the leeks are looking good too.

Hope yours goes well Rodger ;)

miggs

« Reply #2646 on: August 14, 2016, 08:15 »
Morning all. Been up about 1hr now and I have just started to cook a Chicken and Leek Pasta bake for later.
We are being taken to Wetherspoons for breakfast by our eldest daughter's boyfriend today. Reason for cooking tea now is that when I get back from breakie I will be at the plot for most of the day.

Paul Plots

« Reply #2647 on: August 18, 2016, 12:57 »
Sounds a good start to the day Miggs!  :)

My day usually starts later as my "normal" bed-time is between 2am and 3 so...... I miss the best part of the day unless I make a real effort to get started earlier.

I prefer summer evenings - quieter. We eat late between 9:30pm and 10 so then it's time to relax. Can't do anything outside..... must try harder to get back to a better sleeping pattern.

Today: hoed between the leeks with my trusty swoe, cut courgettes, fussed with the strawberry bed (not as good as the ones I had on the allotment), worked out which beetroot to pull next.

Hope your plans went well. ;)

Paul Plots

« Reply #2648 on: August 23, 2016, 05:19 »
Looks like it's just me again who tried to sleep but can't...... gave up and got up.. ::)

Hope those of you who are having sunshine later today enjoy it.

and

those of you have rain don't get too much in one go but just enough to ease the chore of watering.

Have a great day whatever you plan to do.  :)

LILLILEAF

« Reply #2649 on: August 23, 2016, 05:49 »
Hi
First time on the early morning club,just made a cappa tea,let the dogs out,now i am on here catching up,i am up at 5am not as early as some,but i have the animals and my self to do and get ready for work,looks like its going to be a better day weather wise,it could not get any wetter than it did at the week end,hopefully it will dry out a bit.
 Have a good day everyone

rogerbodger

« Reply #2650 on: August 23, 2016, 05:53 »
Hi Lillileaf, welcome to the EMC. The forecast is for  better day today, hopefully it'll be right

miggs

« Reply #2651 on: August 29, 2016, 08:33 »
Morning all. Will have do go to the plot later s I have not been for a few days. I gave it a very good hoe and digging last weekend as I was in Yorkshire with our youngest daughter early in the week, hanging out in York for a few days. We went to the Train museum, Eden camp and the air museum, very nice.

LILLILEAF

« Reply #2652 on: August 30, 2016, 05:53 »
Good morning all
I am up at 5am on work days,summer is showing signs of leaving us,the darker mornings are here,i have to us a torch now to see where the dogs are,and the chickens are still sleeping when i go to check them first thing,still had a good weekend on the veg plot peas are finished,runner beans what i have left after the windy weather are still growing their bounty.
Also planted new rhubarb plant that a grew from seed,i look forward to rhubarb crumble :lol:

snowdrops

« Reply #2653 on: August 30, 2016, 07:25 »
Well having gone to bed at 9:30 last night I was up before the alarm, so downstairs for 6:45. Cats fed, lunch for work made, load of washing pegged out so yes I suppose I can class today as an early day. Time for a lovely hot coffee from my new machine & stewed plums & pl yog for breakfast.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2654 on: August 30, 2016, 07:45 »
I was up at 6 so early for me  :lol: Very damp and foggy this morning - Autumn may just have arrived.

Greenhouses and cat have been watered (she ran under the watering can, silly Molly!) and the cat fed for the day.
Off soon to my daughter's house for the last child minding day of this summer, I think.

xx
Early morning bird antics, happen to you?

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Chatting on the Plot

10 Replies
Last post July 06, 2023, 11:57
by DanielCoffey
xx
Book Club - the film

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

0 Replies
Last post June 05, 2018, 15:34
by mrs bouquet
xx
Morning all :)

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

222 Replies
Last post July 29, 2018, 10:01
by Growster...
xx
Went to my local Gardening Club evening...

Started by Rhys on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post February 26, 2018, 21:49
by Rhys

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 52 queries.