Early Morning Club

• 2706 Replies

surbie100

• Winner Prettiest Pumpkin - 2014
Re: Early Morning Club
« Reply #195 on: April 03, 2014, 05:38 »
Just waiting for the sun to come up so I can run off and get an hour's digging in. This is a sentence I would never have dreamed of typing 2 years ago!

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
« Reply #196 on: April 03, 2014, 05:50 »
Also waiting for daylight.

Have a load of peas that have a date with the soil!
Did it really tell you to do THAT on the packet?

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
« Reply #197 on: April 03, 2014, 08:22 »
Twin foghorns?   :D

OH doesn't snore nearly as much as he did when he was office bound, so it's noticeable now, then on the floor by the door Bonnie lab is getting on a bit with resulting snores....and worse! :lol:

Good job I can't hear myself, I'd never sleep!!!! :ohmy: :lol:

Ma Lowe

• Allotment owner from Feb 2014
« Reply #198 on: April 03, 2014, 10:09 »
Twin foghorns?   :D

OH doesn't snore nearly as much as he did when he was office bound, so it's noticeable now, then on the floor by the door Bonnie lab is getting on a bit with resulting snores....and worse! :lol:

Good job I can't hear myself, I'd never sleep!!!! :ohmy: :lol:

:lol: :lol: Earplugs might be good

Normally if I can stay awake long enough I watch the 10 o clock news and then its tv off lights out and sleep, but for reasons unknown to myself we started to watch the film that was on after the news and you know when you know something is going to be rubbish but you still watch it and before you know it its gone 1 am and you think what a total waste of a few hours sleep that was then you sleep until 7 am don't want to wake up, which is a novelty, but have to and feel like s**t all day? .......... well that's me today  :wacko: :wacko:

tosca100

« Reply #199 on: April 03, 2014, 11:40 »
Must admit I didn't get going with the 'chores' till 9ish today and so it is afternoon here and I am still on the bread! :ohmy: Usually we have fresh bread for lunch, but had to make do with cheese scones today, using some of our precious cheddar. Such a hard life. :lol: So now it is too hot to do much outside and weeding will have to wait till later when the bitey things will be out in force again, leading to more night tie scratching. Better up the garlic intake I think. Hey ho.

Chrysalis

« Reply #200 on: April 03, 2014, 22:27 »
I'm still up.  It's a ploy to try and sleep for more than two hours in one go.  Last night I was awake till about 2.30, up again at 4 something and then 5 something, etc.  Can't face going online in the wee small hours, but maybe it's better than sulking?! >:( 

On my own tonight, so may have a chance! No snoring to contend with and I can stretch out. :) (Will probably miss him, though ;))

Nighty night!

snowdrops

« Reply #201 on: April 03, 2014, 22:32 »
I'm still up.  It's a ploy to try and sleep for more than two hours in one go.  Last night I was awake till about 2.30, up again at 4 something and then 5 something, etc.  Can't face going online in the wee small hours, but maybe it's better than sulking?! >:( 

On my own tonight, so may have a chance! No snoring to contend with and I can stretch out. :) (Will probably miss him, though ;))

Nighty night!

I found staying up seemed to help, & most nights at the moment I am sleeping much better. Years ago I used to fall asleep in the chair regularly & had no problem sleeping at night.  :wacko:
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Paul Plots

« Reply #202 on: April 03, 2014, 23:32 »
Just read through this thread.... what an amazing bunch of early risers you all are!

I hate early mornings. These days 9am is early for me. First coffee at about 1/4 to 10 and then the day has started. Oh the joys of early retirement (there have to be some)...I usually get to sit down at about 7pm so starting the day later suits me fine.

My day continues to end around 2 or 3am not so much by choice or necessity now more through habit having become very used to broken nights but I don't miss the early mornings at all. I'm sure, given the chance, I could sleep for England. What a shame it's not an Olympic sport.

I'm happy with 6 or 7 hours each night..... I feel so much more with it than I did with just 4 unbroken hours on a good day.
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

Paul Plots

« Reply #203 on: April 04, 2014, 03:44 »
Surely it's wakey wakey time for some of you early risers?

I can hear the gentle zzzzzzzzzz from here.  ;)
 :lol:

tosca100

« Reply #204 on: April 04, 2014, 03:48 »
Weeell, I was going to get up a couple of hours ago as I had been clock watching for an hour, but gave myself a good telling off and managed to get back for a snooze. My computer then decided it didn't want to wake up.............Anyway, good morning to you Paul. :D

Paul Plots

« Reply #205 on: April 04, 2014, 03:52 »
And a very good morning to you too.  :) Nice to natter.

But, to tell you the truth, I am gradually working my way towards a fit state to sleep... after all I have to be up and busy in another 5 hours.  :lol:

tosca100

« Reply #206 on: April 04, 2014, 03:57 »
I am two hours ahead of you, so not that early today. Just read your other post about your compost heap. Can't really comment on that as no experience of allotments and their rules, but I am not surprised if you don't sleep that well with all you have going on in your world. :(

DD.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #207 on: April 04, 2014, 05:29 »
Here again.

Off for a week away a bit later. Oddly my body clock resets itself a bit and says there's no point getting up ans there's not a lot you can do!

Growster...

« Reply #208 on: April 04, 2014, 05:41 »
Here again.

Off for a week away a bit later. Oddly my body clock resets itself a bit and says there's no point getting up ans there's not a lot you can do!

A pint of tea calls at this time of day, DD!

Great weather here now, and I hope your week away is the same!

DD.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #209 on: April 04, 2014, 06:02 »
Thanks, bit damp here at the mo, but weather clearing north, which is the way we're heading!  :mad: First stop Chester, then Blackpool for an amateur radio rally, then the Lake District and Yorkshire Dales.

Weather forecast is " variable", for want of a better word.

xx
Early morning bird antics, happen to you?

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Chatting on the Plot

10 Replies
Last post July 06, 2023, 11:57
by DanielCoffey
xx
Book Club - the film

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

0 Replies
Last post June 05, 2018, 15:34
by mrs bouquet
xx
Morning all :)

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

222 Replies
Last post July 29, 2018, 10:01
by Growster...
xx
Went to my local Gardening Club evening...

Started by Rhys on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post February 26, 2018, 21:49
by Rhys

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 52 queries.