Cheap seeds at The Range

• 3 Replies

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Cheap seeds at The Range
« on: February 07, 2014, 15:50 »
I actually went in to get a new dishrack and washing up mat to line the sink, but somehow drifted over to the gardening section  ::)

There is not masses of choice, but they have a basic selection of veg and flower seeds for 99p buy one, get one free, including herbs and sprouting seeds in the veg and annual and perennial plants in the flowers.   When I got to the tills, 2 packs of cabbage seeds had found their way into my basket - how did that happen then  ???  :nowink:  :lol:

They also had small packs of seed spuds (like 6 or so per pack) for 3 for £5 - might be useful for anyone wanting to try a few new varieties  :)

RubyR3d

Re: Cheap seeds at The Range
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 09:29 »
Beware these so called bargain bogofs. I was looking in the range and found a pack of broad beans in that section. It gave all the instructions for how many inches between each bean and how many rows. Then i looked at the content it said ave of 4 beans . . . .hmm. not many rows there then. 4 beans for a quid. Buyer beware  >:(

lettice

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 11:17 »
I actually went in to get a new dishrack and washing up mat to line the sink, but somehow drifted over to the gardening section  ::)

There is not masses of choice, but they have a basic selection of veg and flower seeds for 99p buy one, get one free, including herbs and sprouting seeds in the veg and annual and perennial plants in the flowers.   When I got to the tills, 2 packs of cabbage seeds had found their way into my basket - how did that happen then  ???  :nowink:  :lol:

They also had small packs of seed spuds (like 6 or so per pack) for 3 for £5 - might be useful for anyone wanting to try a few new varieties  :)

We have The Range near me.
The De Ree seeds are very good and packed with seeds in the packs. Been using those as addition to my normal Suttons ones for a few years.
Some different/unusual varieties, but easy to find out what they are similar too.
Never had any problem with any of them and have used flowers, herbs and veg seeds.

My fav in the De Ree range is the Groninger Brussels Sprouts, they produce a great crop from October thru to March. Beat any of the other sprout varieties I grow for reliability and taste.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 11:22 by lettice »

ConfusedGardener

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 11:51 »
Beware these so called bargain bogofs. I was looking in the range and found a pack of broad beans in that section. It gave all the instructions for how many inches between each bean and how many rows. Then i looked at the content it said ave of 4 beans . . . .hmm. not many rows there then. 4 beans for a quid. Buyer beware  >:(

Perhaps they were magic beans  :lol:

xx
Cheap seed at The Range.

Started by JaK on Frugal Living

11 Replies
Last post January 07, 2011, 11:17
by Johnnywesto
xx
Cheap seeds

Started by jaydig on Frugal Living

2 Replies
Last post December 01, 2019, 09:51
by rowlandwells
xx
More cheap seeds.

Started by miggs on Frugal Living

4 Replies
Last post July 13, 2014, 06:11
by coop-de-tat
xx
Cheap seeds

Started by Elcie on Frugal Living

5 Replies
Last post October 09, 2008, 18:35
by Elcie

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 29 queries.