What I did on the plot today - 2014

• 1611 Replies

gypsy

Re: What I did on the plot today - 2014
« Reply #360 on: March 05, 2014, 21:13 »
I was going to prepare a bed for the onions but when I got to the allotment found my shed had been unlocked for me and everything was messed up inside, I have no idea if anything has been taken as I had not cleared up the mess from the last time I had uninvited visitors. My enthusiasm drained from me and I just hoed between the garlic and came home.
Catherine

jondav14

• Experienced Member
« Reply #361 on: March 05, 2014, 21:34 »
Sorry to hear you have had a visit by some bar stewards, they probably haven't taken anything (just made a mess), unless you keep lawn mowers, hedge cutters, strimmers, etc in there, but its not a nice feeling . I'm about to put a new shed up this year, but I will build it myself and it will include a secret wall cavity/compartment, so at least if any bar stewards do going pilfering, all they will hopefully find is my storage of plastic pots and old bread baskets.

no work at the lotty today, just took my last bag of tatties up to the greenhouse this afternoon and watered seedlings growing happily in the warm gh.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 21:36 by jondav14 »
who pinched me marrow?

snowdrops

« Reply #362 on: March 05, 2014, 21:45 »
I was going to prepare a bed for the onions but when I got to the allotment found my shed had been unlocked for me and everything was messed up inside, I have no idea if anything has been taken as I had not cleared up the mess from the last time I had uninvited visitors. My enthusiasm drained from me and I just hoed between the garlic and came home.
So  sorry to hear this,must make you feel terrible. :(
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Rich72

• Experienced Member
« Reply #363 on: March 05, 2014, 23:48 »
Dug over 2 beds
Dug 3 potato trenches
Refreshed the carrot box with compost
Drank coffee
Matured the pumpkin/courgette bed

Jackypam

« Reply #364 on: March 06, 2014, 19:42 »
Just squelched and looked.

blackberryjam

« Reply #365 on: March 06, 2014, 20:09 »
Finished laying slabs in my greenhouse.

3 allotments

• now is the time
« Reply #366 on: March 06, 2014, 20:36 »
On way to lottie i went by this skip Wow full of treasure (old garden fence ) :lol: loads of good usable timber,asked the skip user if ok to take,yeah mate elp yerself, said ill be back in a minute wiv me barrow, got back and took the lot, pieces 5 feet long 8x1/12 he was chuckling watching me,i was like a kid with sweets :lol: :lol:,made a raised bed and put some more wood in gh beds  ;)
diggity dig dig

Robster

« Reply #367 on: March 06, 2014, 22:13 »
Planted out some shallots that I had started off and kept in the cold frame for a week or two.  Sowed some quick growing carrot between the shallot rows.  Planted out four cabbages that had been growing in an open cold frame over winter.  They may come to something.

Robster

« Reply #368 on: March 06, 2014, 22:15 »
Happened to me a while back Gypsy.  It's miserable;e sorry for you.  I hope you get your mojo back quickly.  Maybe this weekends nice weather will help

pigguns

• Mitcham, South London
« Reply #369 on: March 07, 2014, 09:26 »
Sorry for you Gypsy, what a pain.

Speed-planted some more pots and red epicure broad beans, 10 mins then home-  Kids got in the way of my plot time  :mellow: 

johnthepost

« Reply #370 on: March 07, 2014, 15:31 »
Sorry to read about your "visitors" Gypsy. i know how you feel. In my first year as a Lottie little things went missing a small radio cheap hand tools bags of compost (mostly things of little monetary value. but that's not the point) However, during the winter of 2012/2013 all my more expensive tools went missing (spades, fork, shears and other sundry essentials. All Spear and Jackson stainless steel.) I have strong suspicions who the perp is but no proof. Have upgraded my security since then. So fingers crossed

My allotment day consisted of a good coat of looking at soggy soil and wind damaged GH. Now off to the pub for a calming couple of pints and praying for warmer drier weather so I can get stuck in.

3 allotments

• now is the time
« Reply #371 on: March 07, 2014, 16:51 »
Made another  raised bed for my strawberrys,sorted out someones gh as it was taking a battering from the wind,very strong today but plenty of sun

Sparkyrog

« Reply #372 on: March 07, 2014, 17:06 »
Took 2 foot of a hedge that was annoying me  :) Burnt all the rubbish too  :unsure:
I cook therefore I grow

marcofez

• Experienced Member
  • Land of the Triffids
« Reply #373 on: March 07, 2014, 17:32 »
Delivered two 125litres of verve multi-purpose compost to the lottie! Just about managed to move it from my car to polytunnel!!! :wacko:lol

Ma Lowe

• Allotment owner from Feb 2014
« Reply #374 on: March 07, 2014, 18:19 »
Sorry to hear of people troubles with things going walkabout. It leaves a nasty taste in your mouth.

Today we decided it was time to do something about the centre path. it was made of grass extremely uneven and muddy. We have now edged the path with wood and filled the middle with wood chips. It is a pleasure to walk on an even path.  :)

xx
Been to my plot today for......

Started by jacnal on Grow Your Own

32 Replies
Last post October 23, 2007, 21:17
by gobs
xx
what I did NOT do on the plot today.

Started by richrua on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post March 30, 2013, 10:29
by BabbyAnn
xx
my plot today (pics)

Started by pawsnclaws on Grow Your Own

0 Replies
Last post January 25, 2010, 14:01
by pawsnclaws
xx
What I did on the plot today 2018

Started by robinahood on Grow Your Own

355 Replies
Last post December 26, 2018, 17:48
by Offwego

Page created in 0.661 seconds with 38 queries.