What I did on the plot today - 2014

• 1611 Replies

Steveharford

Re: What I did on the plot today - 2014
« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2014, 15:36 »
Planted some shallots in loo rolls and placed in polytunnel. (Well they are starting to grow so I guess they know best! ). Also sowed some radish in compost which I grew tomatoes in. Also in PT. Worth a try I reckon.

marcofez

• Experienced Member
  • Land of the Triffids
« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2014, 20:31 »
Took household composting material to lottie and put on compost bin. While there, I pruned the raspberries down. Let out about 100ltrs of water from the lbc tank onto the polytunnel soil. Dug some carrots and parsnips out and was quite happy with some mooli I grew. Then off home for a cuppa!!!! ;)

3 allotments

• now is the time
« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2014, 22:28 »
Today i stained another bit of fencing round compost bin,planted 2 tayberry plants (bought them his morning from £1land)also bought 6 bags of red baron,5 bags of pentland javelin seed spuds,then mum phoned me  while at lottie-darren iv'e just been to £1land and bought you 3 bags of red baron and 4 bags of pentland spuds lol  :lol:  mum i have just been there and bought the same,now i have loads to plant. So i planted 2 bags of red and 1 bag of white onion sets into cut in half loo rolls :D Ill plant spuds in 1 of the greenhouses  fairly deep for earlies end of this   month with parrafin heater in there ;)
diggity dig dig

surbie100

• Winner Prettiest Pumpkin - 2014
« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2014, 23:42 »
Painted some decking green for a new bed, squelched around a bit, picked some PSB.

Noticed that lots of sunshine is predicted for Saturday. *fingers crossed*

Annen

• Anne's Gardening Diary
« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2014, 17:46 »
Lots of juicy squelches when I tidied the junk out of the rainpond.
Took some photos.  There are buds on the fruit trees and blackcurrant already!
Anne

Muls

• Experienced Member
« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2014, 19:21 »
Finished a greenhouse base, and am silly happy about it, so excited *!*

3 allotments

• now is the time
« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2014, 22:27 »
put some more fym on a few beds, and around rasps dug up a few leeks cut some spring greens :)

diospyros

« Reply #67 on: January 11, 2014, 16:38 »
Today I went over the FiL's to cadge a big chunk of rhubarb, which split into three when I got up to my plot.  I have got one section of the hedge bank back to where I more or less think it "should" be, so I planted it up with wild white strawberry, wood avens, forget-me-not, celandines, viola and campanula which all spread round my garden so hopefully if they survive the move they will cover the bank and make it a pleasant place to be!  Then went back to digging out soil and chucking on the plot, and filled another sack with rubbish.  I must have shifted over a ton of topsoil by now.  Most astonishing find today was a useful length of hosepipe plus one of those hoses that coils up like a spring, both buried under a good six inches of apparently solid ground, never mind the layers of leaves sticks and rubbish on top of that.

Had a nice chat with a fellow plot-holder who admired my hedge laying so she can come again!  :D

Oh and I ran 5k this morning so am feeling righteously knackered now!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 16:40 by diospyros »

blackberryjam

« Reply #68 on: January 11, 2014, 18:08 »
General tidy up on the plot emptied half the compost bin on one of the beds .The rest will have to go to the skip all sorts of rubbish has been thrown in it, mostly not suitable for composting .
Noticed my cold frame lid was loose when I checked one of the bolts had snapped off. So quick trip to wilkos was necessary  :lol: bought new bolts for the cold frame ,peat pots, and string, tempted to buy some Anya  seed potatoes and nearly did but my daughter dragged me away  :(

Baldy

• Hey Ho Lets Grow!
« Reply #69 on: January 11, 2014, 18:12 »
Finally - no rain...
Went up to the plot expecting the soil to be unworkable, but being in the top corner seems to have its benefits!  :D Got a large patch turned over and was given a couple of blackcurrant plants by some friends on the site. Onion seedlings are coming on well (Bedford Champ and Red Baron). Couple of leeks left to lift - might be leek soup tomorrow. Got home and planted Tree Onions in pots on a windowsill.
Was lovely to get out in the fresh air and not get wet.

Cheers,
Balders

Yorkshire Lass

• Experienced Member
« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2014, 20:42 »
I just went to have a look to see if everything was ok really and was most surprised :ohmy: to see my elephant garlic poking out of the ground was not expecting to see any shoots just yet!!!

surbie100

• Winner Prettiest Pumpkin - 2014
« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2014, 20:59 »
Went up to see if I still have moats. Oh yes, I do! Stuck some wilcos dog roses in a bucket for planting out tomorrow, picked kale and fennel for dinner and squelched back to the car. One of my wellies has a hole... ???

candygold1

« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2014, 22:41 »
im on top of a hill so the plot has drained quite well, managed to get another new bed marked out and half dug, pulled some leeks,dug a few parsnips and the last carrots for sundays roast.

3 allotments

• now is the time
« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2014, 23:26 »
 :)Today picked a few sprouts a swede nero kale,fitted auto window opener back into polytunnel as it needs air for the garlic and onions also trimmed privet and blackthorn hedge at back of shed.planted 160 red baron sets into small pots at home,watched my lottie neighbour plant half of sack of spuds,i told him it might be a bit early yet (but he's not bovvered :D) they got two choices.Oh and i made a new handle for my knife in the workshop ;)

Paul Plots

« Reply #74 on: January 12, 2014, 00:24 »
What a busy Saturday many people had...... well done Plotters!!

Me too.  :)

Escaped for 3 hours and dug solidly with only a very quick chat in passing. Plot looks better (I love clean clear soil), I feel fitter and so much happier!

Reminder to me: Remember to pay the allotment fees!!  ::)
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

xx
Been to my plot today for......

Started by jacnal on Grow Your Own

32 Replies
Last post October 23, 2007, 21:17
by gobs
xx
what I did NOT do on the plot today.

Started by richrua on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post March 30, 2013, 10:29
by BabbyAnn
xx
What I did on the plot today 2020

Started by JayG on Grow Your Own

247 Replies
Last post December 31, 2020, 15:57
by Aidy
xx
ate my first ever strawberry from my plot today!!

Started by starry on Grow Your Own

18 Replies
Last post June 11, 2010, 09:00
by diggerjoe

Page created in 0.393 seconds with 37 queries.