What I did on the plot today - 2014

• 1611 Replies

carlrmj

• Joint Winner - Tallest Sunflower 2012
Re: What I did on the plot today - 2014
« Reply #420 on: March 12, 2014, 21:28 »

Put wire supports up for  blackberry bushes .Did some weeding ,made an archway for the climbing beans.
      Picked up some more pallets for the outbuilding, and some water tanks . 

Paul Plots

« Reply #421 on: March 12, 2014, 23:52 »
Replanted the strawberry plants that I lifted on Sunday so now have 6 rows with 12 plants to a row.

Every year for the last three years I promised myself I'd keep the new bed well weeded after harvesting so they could stay where they were for three years but....the weeds beat me to it again last year.  :(
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

snowdrops

« Reply #422 on: March 13, 2014, 16:26 »
More digging of horsetail & other weeds, did some hoeing of weeds that had got flowers on that I won't get out before they seed,tidied up a few bits.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Lardman

« Reply #423 on: March 13, 2014, 16:50 »
Untangled the worlds thorniest brambles from the worlds most untidy damson trees, cut them up and put a match to the lot of them  :) so therapeutic almost made the scratches and snagged clothes worth it.

Weeded around the blueberry bushes and sprinkled the last of the sulphur round them. Weeded the asparagus bed - again, Im sure the weeds are creeping back onto it after I turn my back. Cleared out the top greenhouse so it's ready for a wash. Started emptying the shed as it's got a tarp for a roof and is leaning over drunkenly I'll have to fix it this year.  :nowink:

Spent a good hour generally cleaning up, it's amazing how much stuff gets left and strewn about; pots, seed trays, labels, wire and tools all over the place   :ohmy: Im such an untidy person.

Chaz1985

• Experienced Member
« Reply #424 on: March 13, 2014, 16:59 »
Planted my 9 'sticks' that arrived for me yesterday (boyfriends' take on bare root fruit trees) against the post and wire system I built for them at the weekend. Weeded and did some general tidying before going to work.

AnneB

« Reply #425 on: March 13, 2014, 17:15 »
Weeded and tidied the little polytunnel on our daughter's plot.  OH dug a new raised bed out.   The soil on her plot is much better than ours was when we started.  No sign of clay near the surface, and best of all, no horsetail!

jondav14

• Experienced Member
« Reply #426 on: March 13, 2014, 17:21 »
Popped down to see the plot secretary to tell him I have a spare greenhouse needing a new home (from a neighbour), will see how long it takes for someone to contact me from the site, brownie points for me I hope, as I usually have arguments with committee members ( I like to be a rebel at times - even at my age)
who pinched me marrow?

blackberryjam

« Reply #427 on: March 13, 2014, 17:56 »
Weeded the onions ,dug over half of bed 1 :)

Eblana

« Reply #428 on: March 13, 2014, 18:06 »
Dug and rotovated two of the raised beds.  My mantis has a mind of its own - last year despite sending to three different repair shops it would rarely start and when it did it kept cutting out, This year I left it in the shed all winter with fuel in it fully sure that I would have to replace it anyway,  I took it out earlier and just for the hell of it tried to see would it start, low and behold it started on the first pull and ran like new :wacko:

When I got over this little surprise and had the two beds rotovated I weeded in the polytunnel and between the garlic and onions.

3 allotments

• now is the time
« Reply #429 on: March 13, 2014, 19:25 »
I too mantissed part of my plot,put two more rows of spuds in ,one row of peas in and i put the cast iron and mahogany bench back together it looks like new ,also brought another table with brolley and chairs put them outside me shed it looks very clean and lived in now :lol: ill put up some pics tomorrow  ;)
diggity dig dig

grendel

« Reply #430 on: March 13, 2014, 21:11 »
day off today, so I got the garden fence finished.
Grendel
we do the impossible daily, miracles take a little longer.

Ashurstman

• Experienced Member
« Reply #431 on: March 13, 2014, 23:25 »
Been very busy on my new "full" plot. Hence the lack of a presence here for a couple of weeks - oh and took on Society's Secretary job as well. So moved greenhouse and shed on to the new plot and started the tidying up process so I could put the apples and pears in ( trees for the avoidance of doubt). Covered the raised beds I'd inherited, started some early lettuce in the greenhouse. But it feels more like construction work than gardening!!

Hampshire Hog

« Reply #432 on: March 14, 2014, 13:26 »
Planted out beet root seedlings under cloches and sowed some more all in raised bed. Planted my Sturon onion sets
Must be 90 I reckon. Also sowed some extra peas to offset those attacked by mice or slugs. Sprinkled generous amount of slug pellets to try to reduce onslaught .

Cheers HH
Keep digging

Beetroot Queen

« Reply #433 on: March 14, 2014, 13:50 »
Bit of digging, bit of weeding, bit of rotavating, bit of slab laying.

Oh sorry that was hubby.

I did nothing  :lol: its the royal WE obviously...... The children and I went to a sing and sign class. Todays topic vegetables. Haha the lady asked what veg they would like to sign and florence asked for garlic  :lol: the lady didnt know that one.

Fairy Plotmother

« Reply #434 on: March 14, 2014, 13:59 »
Bit more digging and planted out stuttgarten onions. A cup of tea and a chat to new neighbour. Plotfather did some strimming of paths.  :D

xx
Been to my plot today for......

Started by jacnal on Grow Your Own

32 Replies
Last post October 23, 2007, 21:17
by gobs
xx
what I did NOT do on the plot today.

Started by richrua on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post March 30, 2013, 10:29
by BabbyAnn
xx
What I did on the plot today 2023

Started by New shoot on Grow Your Own

158 Replies
Last post December 30, 2023, 00:26
by Subversive_plot
xx
What I did on the plot today 2022

Started by JayG on Grow Your Own

125 Replies
Last post December 22, 2022, 08:34
by Scottie

Page created in 0.496 seconds with 37 queries.