What I did on the plot today - 2014

• 1611 Replies

RJR_38

• www.foodinmytum.com
Re: What I did on the plot today - 2014
« Reply #165 on: February 01, 2014, 13:56 »
Was planning on doing a bit of tidying etc but came across a problem when entering the site:

This bridge is normally 2ft above a small stream!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 14:01 by RJR_38 »

Jackypam

« Reply #166 on: February 01, 2014, 14:17 »
Not been to plot for couple of weeks as either been raining or typical, working when dry day!
Need to pick last of my sprouts. Not many left and also pick some of bigger leeks. Might take chance today but keeps raining  :(

Dry day?  What is one of those??

Steveharford

« Reply #167 on: February 01, 2014, 15:01 »
Well, not on the plot but at home. Took delivery of wizard beans, jalapeņo seeds and oca tubers from Real Seeds. Sowed the jalapeņos in propogator at 28C   Deciding whether to store beans till Autumn. Working out what to do with oca as never grown them before.
Also started chitting tater delivery from Marshall's. Accent, Charlotte and Lady Christl. Look good tubers particularly the Accent as they have lots of tiny pinhead size chits waiting to grow on. Moved onion seedlings and leek seedlings into grow house within poly tunnel. Installed electric tube heater into bottom of grow house. Still to plant cristo garlic in peat pots in pt but rugby on now so may have to do that tomorrow.

pigguns

• Mitcham, South London
« Reply #168 on: February 01, 2014, 17:20 »
Made a 'terrace' from the slopey bit up the back, dug out, shored up and flattened out.  Looks very tidy, and I got very cold.

3 allotments

• now is the time
« Reply #169 on: February 01, 2014, 23:25 »
Went to see if there was any damage all ok,neighbour had 3 broken panes in  gh checked fuel in heater in, pt ,
lovely and warm in there didnt stay in there too long with fumes :wacko:
diggity dig dig

Mattgregory27

• Experienced Member
« Reply #170 on: February 02, 2014, 15:27 »
I have prepared the bed for this years broad beans and dug a new bed on the back half of the plot, picking out all the wireworms to feed to the blackbird that was following me round. It was so nice to be out in the sunshine!

blackberryjam

« Reply #171 on: February 02, 2014, 17:29 »
At last,  I was able to get to the lottie , repaired my cold frame again and cleaned it, I've put a heavy piece of wood across the lid this time, so the wind cannot flip it again. Had a General tidy up , a little chilly but  it was nice to be out in the sunshine again. Amazing our it lifts ones spirit.   :)

Yana

« Reply #172 on: February 02, 2014, 17:40 »
Harvested leeks and parsnips and still some left!!
Drained down one of the big water butts that was over flowing ...... such a shame as will need it later in the year i am sure. Couldn't believe that it was full. Just shows how much rain there has been.
Tidied up bags of manure that are waiting to go on bed where the parsnips are. Getting dark so came home.
I have my own cement mixer and not afraid to use it!!

pigguns

• Mitcham, South London
« Reply #173 on: February 02, 2014, 18:28 »
Took more scavenged timber to the plot, added more planks to the raised terrace bit, looking good and re-made compost bin & turned the compost.  Starting to look organised up there now rather than the debris/junk dumping area.
Dug the new sweetcorn bed over, lovely soil.

Eblana

« Reply #174 on: February 02, 2014, 18:42 »
Planted strawberries which have been outside vernalising into the PT.  Planted garlic which has been in modules into the 'onion/garlic' raised bed - was really surprised at how workable the ground was despite all the rain, so glad that I decided to do raised beds.

3 allotments

• now is the time
« Reply #175 on: February 02, 2014, 18:46 »
Put some seweed liquid feed around leeks which are finger thickness still got plenty left,opened pt let some fresh air in ,swept carpet in shed, and moved a dalek ready to start filling up with cow muck and straw,went home :)

bravemurphy

« Reply #176 on: February 02, 2014, 21:39 »
Built another shelf in anticipation of all the seeds that need sowing soon  :)

AnneB

« Reply #177 on: February 03, 2014, 16:35 »
Waited round for the police to arrive as our container, we have had for a whole 2 weeks, was broken in to and our lawnmowers, hedgetrimmer, petrol and a stapler stolen.   Communal flower box upended and tipped out so the thieves could stand on it too.  Police haven't attended yet as too busy, but the allotments officer from the Council came up and did the inspection at the same time.    They are going to put a spinner on top of the gate this week, but I don't think that would have deterred them.   

Whilst I was there, I sowed a few more Wizard field beans (4) to fill in the gaps.   The rest have all come up.  Did a bit of weeding.

Went back up this pm to meet the photographer from the local paper who are going to do an article and video for their website.  Still not heard from the police.

3 allotments

• now is the time
« Reply #178 on: February 03, 2014, 16:58 »
Sorry to hear about your break in anne, >:( we ahd a few break ins the other week we didnt phone the police as they never come even if they did we usually get what do you expect us to do about it,but hope you get something sorted out good luck.Darren

the spiv

« Reply #179 on: February 03, 2014, 19:48 »
went down today just to have  a look .decided to have a dig but the soil was still very sticky so abandoned that.i had to make do with just looking and planning this years plot
Psst ! oi you wanna buy any petrol coupons

xx
Been to my plot today for......

Started by jacnal on Grow Your Own

32 Replies
Last post October 23, 2007, 21:17
by gobs
xx
what I did NOT do on the plot today.

Started by richrua on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post March 30, 2013, 10:29
by BabbyAnn
xx
What I did on the plot today - 2013

Started by Paul Plots on Grow Your Own

2699 Replies
Last post December 31, 2013, 19:40
by snowdrops
xx
What I did on the plot today 2023

Started by New shoot on Grow Your Own

158 Replies
Last post December 30, 2023, 00:26
by Subversive_plot

Page created in 0.735 seconds with 36 queries.