What I did on the plot today - 2014

• 1611 Replies

Steveharford

Re: What I did on the plot today - 2014
« Reply #1155 on: June 08, 2014, 19:00 »
Took lower leaves off toms. Fed them with comfrey tea. Took out all side shoots and tied in any that needed it. Fed marrows and courgettes with a general purpose liquid fertiliser.

chillimummy

« Reply #1156 on: June 08, 2014, 20:10 »
Weeded around my onions and admired the stalks that were some of my sprouts!
Most have survived but cabbages and cauli nibbled too! x
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Any Comments ? :
http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?board=38.0

3 allotments

• now is the time
« Reply #1157 on: June 08, 2014, 20:16 »
Netted strawbs pulled lots more garlic, a few lettuce planted sweetpeas  built a fence at lottie #1 filled ibc tank took 1hr 15 mins ;)
diggity dig dig

jmc1949

« Reply #1158 on: June 08, 2014, 20:36 »
Weeding, weeding and more weeding.

snowdrops

« Reply #1159 on: June 08, 2014, 21:15 »
Hubby went with me to put up the raspberry supports & to build the Munty frame for the beans. Then I got the beans in-runners,yellow climbing,purple podded,borlottie & for the first time yard long. Then I planted my remaining 3 sunflowers for the competition on here. Then in went the beetroot modules, a dozen Swiss chard plants & a few dwarf French beans. All got well watered,paths swept, all old canes & sticks put ready for the next bonfire. A few cups of tea & a sit in the shade. Didn't expect hubby to stay so long & help that much.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Aled

« Reply #1160 on: June 09, 2014, 09:57 »
Well another weekend been and gone!

I feel as if the garden is getting somewhere as i was able to harvest some radishes, the runner benas have eventually poked through, and beetroot & carrots look good. potatoes are grwoing daily. I've also had 4 potato & 2 tomatoes grow out of nowhere in the garden. I think they have come from the compost i have put in. One of the potato plants grew from a peeling which was in my worm bucket ( i always have a bucket of earth worms at the ready for sea trout fishing in a flodd) so i planted it where there was a gap,  and it seems to be growing! Will i get some foood from it??? Earthed up and did some weeding so its looking OK.  Going to have an hours fishing tomorrow evening.

Cheers

Aled

Grubbypaws

« Reply #1161 on: June 09, 2014, 13:30 »
The hardest weekend gardening EVER!

We have been away for 3 months so Saturday was spent finding where exactly the garden was under a huge mass of weeds. OH spent entire day mowing; I think he might have been better with  scythe!

I had prepared my raised beds before leaving so after a wee bit of raking and an application of growmore Sunday was spent planting seeds

Bed 1: curley parsley ,flat leaf parsley, coriander

Bed 2: oriental mustard leaves, Komatsuma, rocket and purslane

Bed 3: beetroot, turnip (oasis) and pak choi

Bed 4: parsnips

We started each day before 7am and only stopped when it was time for a glass of wine  :D

gypsy

« Reply #1162 on: June 09, 2014, 13:48 »
Last week I put my dill plants outside, I have never grown dill before and was not sure how they would thrive outside. Today they were definately looking sad so I put them back in the poly tunnel in a big pot..
I planted rhubarb chard seeds in a dozen little pots, I got them in a mag, I have never grown chard before, only eaten it once and found it a bit tough, will just have to see how it grows.
Catherine

devonbarmygardener

• I live, therefore I garden!
« Reply #1163 on: June 09, 2014, 16:34 »
Weeded the onion bed (couldn't see how well the onions were doing for the weeds!!)
Onion fertiliser is brilliant stuff but it really makes those weeds grow too! :lol:

Tracybutton

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1164 on: June 09, 2014, 20:09 »
Tied the sweat peas up as they are growing like mad and pinched off the tendrils. I've never grown them as single shoots ...is the proper term cordon ? I keep looking at them because they do look rather professional even if I do say so myself  :D

AnneB

« Reply #1165 on: June 10, 2014, 15:52 »
Planted out spring onions, 1 row each of North Holland Blood Redmate and Kyoto Market.   Sowed 2 rows of radish, 1 each of French Breakfast 3 and Crimson Giant.   Planted out some red mizuna, komatsuna and pak choi (I've gone all oriental).  Also planted out some turnips and 5 "Gilfeather's Turnip Swede thing" from Real Seeds.

Tied up the peas.  Weeded the strawberries and carrots.   Watered the polytunnel but not the half with the peppers.

OH arrived with lots of scaffolding planks for more raised beds, which other kind plotholders helped us unload.

One of my experimental Starley Red Peas isn't looking too healthy.  The leaves have gone a bit blistery and reddish, but the rest are OK.   Will take a pic next time I am up at the plot.

grendel

« Reply #1166 on: June 10, 2014, 15:58 »
sadly the plot has been neglected, despite having 4 days holiday, the first day was taken up with dentist and tyres, then a day dismantling the decking, a wet day, then 2 days trench digging and pouring footings, today has been bricklaying, then at least a weeks rest while the mortar and concrete fully cures before it will be time to pour the concrete base. Thus no time for plot until next weekend as its back to work for the rest of this week.
Grendel
we do the impossible daily, miracles take a little longer.

WhiteWolf

• Experienced Member
  • The Bald One
« Reply #1167 on: June 10, 2014, 18:31 »
Planted out some red cabbage and caulis netted them and got soaked to the skin in a torrential dounpour, but on the good side it means I can push my annual bath a few weeks now  ;) :tongue2:

WW  8)
Every day I live with fear,,,,, sometimes she lets me out to play

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits

surbie100

• Winner Prettiest Pumpkin - 2014
« Reply #1168 on: June 11, 2014, 10:46 »
Watered everything thoroughly, finished fixing landscaping fabric to the bed frames for one of the new paths - just need woodchip on top now. OH built one of the bean arches, and grazed on strawberries for breakfast. Everything is starting to romp away - and no more fox damage to the spuds so far.  :)

jaydig

« Reply #1169 on: June 12, 2014, 14:51 »
Put in another row of peas and extended the netting to cover them. Sowed YET MORE carrots, in the hope that this time they will germinate. Took up my last piece of plastic sheeting, and rotavated the exposed ground. Picked some strawberries, and that was about it.

xx
Been to my plot today for......

Started by jacnal on Grow Your Own

32 Replies
Last post October 23, 2007, 21:17
by gobs
xx
what I did NOT do on the plot today.

Started by richrua on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post March 30, 2013, 10:29
by BabbyAnn
xx
What I did on the plot today 2018

Started by robinahood on Grow Your Own

355 Replies
Last post December 26, 2018, 17:48
by Offwego
xx
What I did on the plot today 2017

Started by mumofstig on Grow Your Own

513 Replies
Last post December 27, 2017, 20:40
by Plot 1 Problems

Page created in 0.585 seconds with 37 queries.