hen houses and runs from Cocoon - anybody experience with them?

• 4 Replies

Neelam

Hi, after thinking about it long, I don't think I'll be actually able to build my own coop and run though I had preferred. With my adorable arm extensions I can hardly leave any tools unattended around, they will be to tempting and getting involved in work that takes some concentration not to end up with a shack are literally impossible with the two of them. So checking on internet for the different opportunities of wooden hen houses and runs I found Cocoon many times and always saying what good quality product they sell...

But ever since I got a chicken coop for our Continental Giants that was praised as high quality as well...
Usually, I should have send it back straight away after opening the packaging...  >:(

As I cannot find a place close to Bolton where I could have a first look at coops and runs before ordering one, I am now dependent on your experiences.

Is this a company to evaluate?

Thanks
Neelam

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
Re: hen houses and runs from Cocoon - anybody experience with them?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 13:34 »
We are not allowed to put any bad comments about suppliers on the site as it could result in legal action against the site owner.  I can say that my first coop was similar to those offered by cocoon and they are lightweight imports that would not be the best investment for someone wanting to keep hens long term. 

There are farm supplies places that have sturdier/handmade coops.  Our local supplier is Farmway which is now part of the Mole Valley Farmers group.  You will pay more than for an import but they should last years longer, here is a LINK to their website. 

Many members have now invested in plastic coops which are easier to maintain but again are more costly.
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

Neelam

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 16:07 »
Thanks for the link! I will have a closer look at the hen houses there.

andy46

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2013, 19:45 »
I have had one for two years and its been great all i do is paint in the summer :) :)
Pull up a perch!!

Mrs Bee

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2013, 17:06 »
We have an eglu cube and I cannot fault it. So easy to take apart and clean (under strict supervison from the chooks of course :lol:) and insulated for the winter.

xx
DIY plans for chicken houses and runs

Started by cockofthenorth on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post March 25, 2011, 13:44
by ANHBUC
xx
hen with the runs

Started by gaz.grace on The Hen House

31 Replies
Last post March 03, 2009, 16:24
by gaz.grace
xx
The runs....

Started by ste23 on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post June 13, 2011, 21:07
by daisy1990
xx
chicken runs

Started by boolee on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post April 08, 2012, 10:09
by Thrift

Page created in 0.482 seconds with 36 queries.