No Cucumbers!

• 7 Replies

borderowl

No Cucumbers!
« on: August 31, 2013, 16:59 »
I have 2 Sweet Crunch F1 cucumber plants in the g/house both are growing and looking ok, but no cucumbers are forming. What's going wrong? Any ideas people? Regards Kev

gobs

Re: No Cucumbers!
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 20:44 »
I do not know the variety and also not much I can think of hearing about such a problem. Tell us more!  Are they flowering? Do you feed them? Etc.
"Words... I know exactly what words I'm wanting to say, but somehow or other they is always getting squiff-squiddled around." R Dahl

Plot 6B

• NRAA Website
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 20:50 »
When did you plant them?
The fruits of success come from hard work!
A.K.A. Nige2plots

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 21:07 »
A 'predominantly female' hybrid (male flowers should remain on plant).
http://www.mr-fothergills.co.uk/Vegetable-Seeds/Indoor/Cucumber-Sweet-Crunch-F1.html

So it sounds as if it needs pollination - have you had the door open so the insects can get in?

wil4025

• Experienced Member
    • Williams Allotment & Garden Blog
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2013, 21:30 »
I have one plant in direct sun and one in corner in darker place and the one in darker place has grown two maybe three and once in sun wow we cant keep up with the cucumbers. They love lots of water and feed!
Kind Regards
Bill

borderowl

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2013, 21:51 »
It says they're a small variety from the Med. I put them in the same time as the toms (end of may). I had alot of trouble getting the seeds to germinate in the first place so I thought they could be a bother! They seem to flower now and again but they just shrivel and fall off. I leave the G/house open 24/7 and feed/water daily. Never had any bother with cucumbers in the past, in fact last year when everything failed my trustee Burpless were thriving!

wil4025

• Experienced Member
    • Williams Allotment & Garden Blog
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2013, 13:29 »
It says they're a small variety from the Med. I put them in the same time as the toms (end of may). I had alot of trouble getting the seeds to germinate in the first place so I thought they could be a bother! They seem to flower now and again but they just shrivel and fall off. I leave the G/house open 24/7 and feed/water daily. Never had any bother with cucumbers in the past, in fact last year when everything failed my trustee Burpless were thriving!

Arr I always close up at night so stored heat in day stays in greenhouse. This helps plants.

gobs

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2013, 00:19 »

Refer back to Mum: they might need pollination she said. Why did you stop growing Burpless? :unsure:

xx
cucumbers not producing any cucumbers

Started by chickpeacurry on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post June 25, 2014, 09:37
by Springlands
xx
cucumbers

Started by radiohead on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post May 08, 2011, 13:40
by shokkyy
xx
cucumbers?

Started by Brassica Blaz on Grow Your Own

19 Replies
Last post March 30, 2010, 23:18
by cooperman
xx
Cucumbers.....

Started by FatGaz on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post June 12, 2008, 22:16
by FatGaz

Page created in 1.397 seconds with 38 queries.