News from the refuge

• 312 Replies

surbie100

• Winner Prettiest Pumpkin - 2014
Re: News from the refuge
« Reply #240 on: August 06, 2014, 07:45 »
So sorry to hear the news Pamela, but it doesn't sound like there is anything else you could do. I hope you get the story of exactly why you had to close into the press.

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #241 on: August 06, 2014, 11:50 »
how awful for you Pamela I do hope the police can help xx
Staffies are softer than you think.

Oliveview

« Reply #242 on: August 19, 2014, 21:58 »
We are fostering 2 dogs here at the moment- a small terrier type- Rosie.  Rosie is off to a new home in the UK as soon as her funds are raised.  She was living in a terrible pound.  We also have ´Cora´ she is very pregnant- due is 2 weeks or so.  We are taking her across to Benidorm- well we are taking her close to, the lady will meet us at Elche. We must be crazy, taking a stray dog all the way across Spain! We could not leave her at the bar, she would give birth right next to the mainroad.  She is a sweet dog, I know the rules- a photo- I must get some.  Hopefully after Rosie goes off (October)  we will have a rest from fostering- we have not had a break from foster dogs since last December!!  We need to spend money on our dogs for a change!!

Pamela

devonbarmygardener

• I live, therefore I garden!
« Reply #243 on: August 19, 2014, 22:06 »
You're a saint to those animals Pamela  :) :)

Oliveview

« Reply #244 on: August 24, 2014, 11:57 »
Well the good news is the refuge is, all being well, remaining where it is- as long as the town hall allow the new association to take over, they own the building.  The new President hopes to find funding for 10 kennels and sponsors for the food.  He is going to speak to the Mayor tomorrow, so fingers crossed.
We are taking Cora, the very much pregnant dog, to Murcia tomorrow, where we will meet up with the lady who is going to foster her until she can find a home for her and the puppies.  (5 or 6 possibly  :ohmy:
We have been asked if we can take a Chihuahua that is in danger in a high kill pound-  hoping somebody else comes along to help first! 
We have never been to Murcia (just over 5 hours drive away)  Cora is off to Benidorm,  we looked at hotel prices- 120€ a night  :ohmy:  Alicante was not much less  :ohmy:  We found a 4 star hotel in Murcia, 36€ a night  :D  can afford that!!!  Will stay for the night and head home Tuesday afternoon. 

Pamela

devonbarmygardener

• I live, therefore I garden!
« Reply #245 on: August 24, 2014, 12:11 »
That is good news Pamela!
Fingers crossed you'll get to stay x

snowdrops

« Reply #246 on: August 24, 2014, 14:57 »
So hope that it all comes good for you all :D
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Oliveview

« Reply #247 on: August 27, 2014, 17:26 »
We took Cora to Murcia, without incident (for her)  she was great in the car, a great dog.   We met the lady who is fostering her in Ikea carpark-  We were walking along and I kicked (by accident) a small metal plate that was sticking out from the bottom of a post.  Boy did it hurt.  3 hours in A & E  all ok, just a bad bruise!! 
Cora has settled fine in her foster home, such a fickle girl! 
Pamela

snowdrops

« Reply #248 on: August 27, 2014, 21:30 »
Oh dear Pamela, hope you feel better soon, I'm  pleased Cora is settling well  :D

Oliveview

« Reply #249 on: September 15, 2014, 20:04 »
Been ages since I updated the refuge news it seems-  Cora gave birth to 5 gorgeous puppies, they are about 10 days old.  She is a good Mum, although leaves them and takes herself off for a cuddle then back to feed the pups, she is a great Mum we have been told. The pups all have short legs, thank goodness, so they should re-home easier.
Rubi, our Podenco went off to a new home in the UK, where she has slotted right in and is a playful happy girl- at the refuge she was so depressed.    The rescue that has adopted Rubi (she is adopted by the boss)  is possibly adopting 2 more, Morci and Lola, mother and daughter- so fingers crossed for them.  The lady said she will work with our refuge and try to find our dogs their happy ever after homes, so fingers crossed for that too.
We still have Rosie, she is off at the end of the month- whoohoo.  She has such a brain piercing yap!!!   She is either good or noisy and does not understand no, she thinks no means do it more and louder!! She is not naughty as such, just the YAP  :ohmy: :lol:

Pamela

Springlands

« Reply #250 on: September 15, 2014, 22:46 »
Some good results there - must make it all worth while.  :D

Oliveview

« Reply #251 on: September 22, 2014, 20:16 »
Well, refuge is going on, but the new president is acting like a p**t and has banned anyone from the old regime and changed the locks!!!  I am still allowed in as I have found homes for some dogs. I told him I am not taking sides, I am there for the dogs. I will give it a little while longer then leave I think, there is only so much rubbish I can take.  We hope to bring Morci and Lola to our house on Friday, then once their transport funds are raised they will be off to their happy ever after. Poor Morci, she is almost 3, she was born in the refuge, her time must come soon she is probably thé longest staying dog, along with her Mum Lola.

Pamela

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #252 on: September 22, 2014, 20:44 »
 :( sorry to hear it's so pants for everyone Pamela.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #253 on: September 29, 2014, 12:52 »
sadly in animal rescues there is often a lot of spats that get completely out of hand.
I hope Lola and Morci are in new homes soon.

Oliveview

« Reply #254 on: September 29, 2014, 23:38 »
Well one dogs leaves us and another two take her place!!!  First the news on Rosie-  she arrived at the rescue Miss Mollies in Harrogate yesterday and was taken to a dog show/exhibition-where 5/6 families are interested in adopting her!!  One lady had emailed her application by the evening- so Rosi will have a home, provided they pass the home check- if not there are others waiting  for her!  At the moment she is living with guess who??? Tano!!!  Our old foster boy!!!

Now on to Lola and her daughter Morci-they are here living with us, I took them out of the refuge on Friday- all ok- except  Lola discovered the sofa tonight and got grumpy at sharing it!!  She was told to share or sit on the floor. They have been ok with the cats too.

Our Tibet was castrated last week- he is not impressed, he had taken 3 of the 4 stitches out already and has just one left- if it is still there on Saturday we take him back to have it removed.  He was wearing a collar too and now had a towel rolled into a sausage around his neck- to try to stop him reaching the remaining stitch!

Seems to have quietened down at the refuge- for the moment-  it is silly how stupid it has all turned between the old and new group.

Pamela

xx
PACO IS ADOPTED ... YES I AM SHOUTING THE GOOD NEWS!- now bad news

Started by Oliveview on Pets without Feathers

45 Replies
Last post October 29, 2013, 15:38
by Oliveview
xx
Good News Bad News

Started by cissie on Pets without Feathers

6 Replies
Last post March 03, 2010, 15:14
by cissie
xx
When days get bad at the refuge, they get bad

42 Replies
Last post August 17, 2013, 21:56
by shoozie
xx
2 refuge dogs off to new homes today

3 Replies
Last post November 10, 2012, 15:00
by joyfull

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 37 queries.