News from the refuge

• 312 Replies

Oliveview

Re: News from the refuge
« Reply #105 on: October 21, 2013, 08:24 »
Morning folk!  Well I have a dilema....  shall we let Tibet be adopted?  We are ´fostering´ him after his operation, and he kind of has wormed his way into our lives. Our friend knows of a lady in Madrid who has lost her husband, Mother in law and her dog, and broken her leg all within the last year and she is looking for a dog. 
Natalia thought of Tibet.   
I think really he would love to be an ´only´ child, he is fabulous, out of all our dogs here (5) he is my favourite, I know it is wrong to have favourite children..... :nowink: 
We had said we would adopt him, but if the right home came along....  oh poo!! 

Pamela

snowdrops

« Reply #106 on: October 21, 2013, 08:30 »
Oh dear that is a dilemma, the big thing would be to let him go,then you have a 'space' to help another one,but then there is a big space in your heart. No help, sorry. I'm sure whatever you decide will be for the best.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Oliveview

« Reply #107 on: October 21, 2013, 08:52 »
How do families cope being foster parents? :ohmy:

Pamela

snowdrops

« Reply #108 on: October 21, 2013, 09:15 »
Something I couldn't do,I'd not want to give them back & as for surrogate mother's - no way could I give a baby up that I'd carried for 9 months. Just as well that I have never been in any of those situations. Hope you come to a decision that your happy with soon.

Springlands

« Reply #109 on: October 21, 2013, 10:23 »
Pamela - what a hard decision for you to make. In the end you are the only one who can make it but by the sounds of things if you do let Tibet go he will be much loved.  :)

Oliveview

« Reply #110 on: October 21, 2013, 12:25 »
I think I will ask Natalia to see about the new home, you never know, the lady might not want him. He will never be 100% on his bad leg, but compared to how he was before the operation he is great. We have had him here for 6 months, it was supposed to be just 6 weeks!

Pamela

Oliveview

« Reply #111 on: October 23, 2013, 21:00 »
Well 3 of the pups that have been found are adopted!  A young man who works at the refuge found homes for them all!!!

Pamela

Springlands

« Reply #112 on: October 24, 2013, 10:37 »
Good news - you seen to be doing well with re-homing recently.  :)

Oliveview

« Reply #113 on: November 05, 2013, 14:43 »
Not a good day today :(  3 pups were found, about a month or so old, hopefully they will survive, then a family found 2 new born pups under the rubbish bins, they were freezing cold and not in a good way, sadly they had to be put to sleep :( I took them to the vet.  Very few dogs are sterilised here, the mentality is ' poor dog, it's not nice'   It is not flipping nice taking a pup to be put to sleep either!  The vet said one day he got to the surgery to find a box with 16 new born pups :mad:
Another volunteer is feeding some Galgo (greyhound type hunting dogs) dogs that are abandoned, she has managed to get one to eat out of her hand, so hopefully soon she can catch the dogs.
We have 5 new puppies at the refuge, they were abandoned, one more was found dead.
We are applying to the town hall for permission to build more kennels, when the finances allow, we will soon fill them up.
I have not been to the refuge for just over a week, I have had a trapped nerve (I was stupid, I tried to lift a child) I will notice the difference in the pups when I go back!

Pamela

Oliveview

« Reply #114 on: November 06, 2013, 17:26 »
Volunteers arrived at the refuge this afternoon to find 5 pups had been thrown over the fence :ohmy: what the hell do people think we are going to do with their dogs?  We have no more space, we must be up to over 50 dogs at the refuge now, many more being fostered and other dogs being looked after in the olive groves as we have no more room! 

Pamela

Oliveview

« Reply #115 on: November 06, 2013, 19:28 »
From what I gather it is 2 Dalmatians and 3 pups, not related :ohmy:

Pamela

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #116 on: November 06, 2013, 20:02 »
Do you have signs on the fencing letting people know when the refuge is full Pamela? 
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

Oliveview

« Reply #117 on: November 07, 2013, 06:50 »
A sign would not stop folk. One lady went to see the president of the refuge, she did not want her dog and 4 pups, it was explained to her that we had no room, so the next day the pups were thrown over the high fence, along with the mum!  The woman is now demanding the mother back!  She has been told to get lost.
We are fostering another little dog here, a small one, she reminds me of a whippit/sheltie. She was supposed to go to the UK, as long as the house check was ok, but I had a message to say that she cannot afford the transport fees (220€) I have not told Jim we will have the little girl for a bit longer, he will be very annoyed!!  She was living outside a bar close to us, which is right next to the main road, so in real danger. She had been there for a week. We collected her yesterday. At least her ginger/white colour matches in with our dogs!!

I will try to post a photo, but our house WiFi is down, it has been a week, we were assured it would be back yesterday, huh!

Pamela

Oliveview

« Reply #118 on: November 07, 2013, 07:02 »

Hopefully this has worked!
Just checked, it has!  If the adoption does not happen, does anyone want Chica, or do you have a spare bedroom for Jim to move into!!!

Pamela

Oliveview

« Reply #119 on: November 07, 2013, 16:42 »

Hopfully you can see a video of the dumped dogs.

Pamela

Ps the white pup at the end is kind of cute!!

xx
PACO IS ADOPTED ... YES I AM SHOUTING THE GOOD NEWS!- now bad news

Started by Oliveview on Pets without Feathers

45 Replies
Last post October 29, 2013, 15:38
by Oliveview
xx
Good News Bad News

Started by cissie on Pets without Feathers

6 Replies
Last post March 03, 2010, 15:14
by cissie
xx
When days get bad at the refuge, they get bad

42 Replies
Last post August 17, 2013, 21:56
by shoozie
xx
2 refuge dogs off to new homes today

3 Replies
Last post November 10, 2012, 15:00
by joyfull

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 36 queries.