red skin peppers

• 1 Replies

chickpeacurry

• Experienced Member
red skin peppers
« on: July 29, 2013, 08:30 »
Growing red skin peppers dwarf ones.   Growing well about six peppers on the plants.   When they are green growing well but then the skin goes soft and brown and rotten.   I had them in a high position in the greenhouse moved them to the floor.  I feed once weekly with tomato feed.  Should I just pick when green not sure when they are ready.  Thanks

BabbyAnn

Re: red skin peppers
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 09:38 »
When they are green growing well but then the skin goes soft and brown and rotten.

My first thought would be ... frost damage - somehow I don't think so in this case  ::)

It wouldn't be blossom end rot by any chance?  You'll see a brown sunken patch starting at the bottom of the fruit - this is usually caused by irregular watering.  Keep the compost/soil moist when the flowers are out.  Or, it could be the other end of the scale and the plants have been routinely overwatered (roots sitting in trays of water and not getting a chance to dry off), and maybe encouraged a fungal problem.

Other than that, wondering if you have some bug/grub inside the fruits?  Open one of the rotten fruits and have a look inside - you might see something cob webby or black grainy stuff (bug poo)

xx
silver skin

Started by dustcartkev on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post January 27, 2013, 17:12
by dustcartkev
xx
Onion - second skin halfway through

Started by mikem on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post January 11, 2020, 17:10
by Yorkie
xx
Potato's with very thin skin

Started by whiskygalore on Grow Your Own

14 Replies
Last post August 28, 2007, 21:22
by Bigbadfrankie
xx
silver skin onions

Started by G*R*O*W*M*A*N on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post January 04, 2007, 09:10
by shaun

Page created in 1.128 seconds with 36 queries.