Hot chilli peppers.

• 8 Replies

kathrose

Hot chilli peppers.
« on: July 23, 2013, 12:54 »
Ok, so I planted some hot chilli seeds in the plastic greenhouse.  They have grown to about 18" high now and I have had to pull the pots outside as I am so short of space inside.   What should I do with them now?  Do I have to pinch out any tips or just leave them to flower etc:  I still have them in a nice sunny spot

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Hot chilli peppers.
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 13:33 »
leave them to get on with it - just the usual watering and feeding  ;)

kathrose

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 14:24 »
Great thank you

strider84

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 19:54 »
Yep mine have been outside for 2 months just watering and feeding weekly with the tomatoes.

There are 10 or so chillis already coming so going to have plenty extra to string a dry :)

kathrose

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 20:01 »
I didn't even know you could grow them outside, can you tell I am really new to growing,,,I only put tomatoes outside as I had no more room in the greenhouse.  Got toms to the roof in there and cucumber,,, well I don't know what to do with them.  Happy growing eh??

BabbyAnn

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 21:33 »
I didn't even know you could grow them outside, can you tell I am really new to growing,,,I only put tomatoes outside as I had no more room in the greenhouse.  Got toms to the roof in there and cucumber,,, well I don't know what to do with them.  Happy growing eh??

Some chillies are more "hardy" than others.  A few years back I had too many plants in the greenhouse so something had to go outside - as it so happens, I chose the Hungarian Hot Wax.  It was a wet miserable summer and I started to regret it, but do you know, they were a lot more productive than the ones I'd left in the greenhouse  ::)

Re: cucumber ... did you know you can grow them outdoors too?  There are hardy outdoor types like Marketmore, but I've also had Telegraph, Crystal Lemon, gherkin and White Cucumber outside and they have all been fine (even last year)  ;)

kathrose

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2013, 00:33 »
Babbyann, I learned from this forum you can get outdoors cucumbers, will try that next year.  The tomatoes I have put outside are doing as well as the ones inside, only because of the weather I guess, hope there's not going to be a cold snap now.

Growing4mykids

• Many a mickle makes a muckle
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2013, 07:00 »
My scotch bonnet is doing o.k so far outside, just starting to show the flower buds  :) and i have a mini white cuke outside thats going mad, loads of flower and swelling cukes  :D
It's like a jungle sometimes, it makes me wonder how i keep from going under......

kathrose

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2013, 13:41 »
My son always tell me to RTFI,,,,,,, Read The F****ng Instructions.

Now had I done this with the seeds I brought I would have seen that the Cue's, tom's and chillies could have all gone in the garden.  I have learned for next year.

xx
Chilli peppers

Started by Nikkithefoot on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post February 25, 2008, 18:45
by bigsprouts
xx
chilli peppers

Started by dennis on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post January 10, 2011, 13:49
by dennis
xx
Chilli's and Peppers

Started by Sweet Pea 2 on Grow Your Own

38 Replies
Last post July 12, 2012, 08:42
by Grubbypaws
xx
Chilli Peppers

Started by Chris B on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post June 03, 2010, 16:13
by mr Isaccs

Page created in 0.598 seconds with 38 queries.