British weather.

• 7 Replies

A Reyt Tayty

British weather.
« on: July 21, 2013, 09:36 »
Good innit? >:(
Onions just drying out nicely, then last night, out of the blue, it rained!!!! :nowink:

Goosegirl

Re: British weather.
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 14:54 »
Uuuh?? Can't do that - I have things to paint outside before the thunderstorms on Mon/Tues and lawns to mow and strimming to do. Then the weeds will really grow again and I haven't got the first lot out! Cue bag of frozen peas on head!  :blush: :nowink: :wacko:
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Beetroot queen

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 15:01 »
Uuuh?? Can't do that - I have things to paint outside before the thunderstorms on Mon/Tues and lawns to mow and strimming to do. Then the weeds will really grow again and I haven't got the first lot out! Cue bag of frozen peas on head!  :blush: :nowink: :wacko:

We need a drop down here so send any unwanted down here. Ps broad beans are far better on head.  :lol:

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 15:07 »
Onions just drying out nicely, then last night, out of the blue, it rained!!!! :nowink:

Gie o'er Tayty - even in Barnsley it can't rain from a blue sky (can it?  :unsure::lol:
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

A Reyt Tayty

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2013, 20:02 »

Gie o'er Tayty - even in Barnsley it can't rain from a blue sky (can it?  :unsure::lol:

'Tis true Jay. I thought I felt a very light misting about ten o clock last night as I was surveying my patio wit shirt off to cool down. This morning the flat roof of the kitchen was swimming. In fact there was that much, there's still some left even now!

Back to the onions. I searched out a big piece of plazzy sheeting I knew I had to cover the onions ready for the forecast rain on tuesday/wednesday. Stretched it out and the little meece had eaten dirty great holes in it. >:(. Had to patch 'em up with tape.

Goosegirl

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2013, 13:53 »

We need a drop down here so send any unwanted down here. Ps broad beans are far better on head.  :lol:
Only if you have a broad forehead!  :happy:

J_B

• Experienced Member
  • Farmer J
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2013, 09:44 »
no problems here  :nowink:   put them under the huge gazebo we ahve so the onions and garlic are all dry   :nowink:

Willow_Warren

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2013, 09:46 »
I just wish it would stop disturbing my sleep - two nights this week I've been woken by the weather!  I'll be dead come the weekend at this rate & I have plans!

:tongue2:

xx
Blooming British Weather!

Started by BicesterKev on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post April 24, 2013, 10:45
by Daamoot
xx
British basil

Started by Steveharford on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post January 18, 2014, 19:57
by Baldy
xx
British Garlic

Started by LittleRedHen on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post January 15, 2012, 17:22
by Jonajo
xx
British Variation

Started by Tom Hill on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post December 04, 2012, 20:13
by richy

Page created in 0.411 seconds with 37 queries.