When days get bad at the refuge, they get bad

• 42 Replies

BobE

Re: When days get bad at the refuge, they get bad
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2013, 18:56 »
Men don't like being in situations that they can't fix.  He like me would find it to sad, with nothing that we could do, so look away, it hurts less.  Women are stronger which is why they make the best nurses.

Oliveview

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2013, 18:59 »
Or pooper scoopers :lol:

Pamela

compostqueen

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2013, 10:12 »
The pups look like Jack Russells and they'd be rehomed over here very quickly.  I hope yours all find new homes very soon  :)

The poor pup with the poorly eye looks so sad.  Just think what the future of these dogs would be without such kind people as you. They need you so don't give up on them  :)  If your husband supports your work and doesn't mind the house being turned into an animal hospital then at least he's being helpful and supportive :)

Oliveview

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2013, 10:23 »
Last night Tibet was up on our bed sleeping between us.....he is being fostered, he us being fostered, I must keep telling myself that!

Pamela

compostqueen

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2013, 23:22 »
  :D

Aw bless  :)

Oliveview

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2013, 15:36 »
Good news from the refuge-  Bretona our Spaniel is being fostered with a view to adopt :D  She has been at the refuge longer than I have (so over a year)
A man was interested in her, but he was a hunter and he said if she was no good he would return her! So he did not get her. These people want her as a family pet.  We have a lovely soft Pit Bull,  some gypsies came a little while ago to see the Pit Bull (they did not ask about any dogs, just the Pit Bull, so how they knew about him we did not know) The lady suspected they wanted him as a ´bait dog´ for fighting- so they did not get a foot inside the refuge!
He was thrown over the fence one Saturday night, he was a young pup, his ears had been hacked off. He is a gentle natured dog, even after all he has been through.  He is never happier than when sitting in the big bath full of water  :lol: :lol: 
We just need to find a home for a Staffy dog we have, she was abandoned in the town,she is as daft as a brush too, but because of her strength she is kept in a stable on her own, which is a shame as she loves the other dogs! She does get to play with Bartolo, a Mastin/German SHepherd cross. They are great pals, but Bartolo does not like anyone near his food,so they cannot share a stable, as Peppa does not eat her food fast and Bartolo would scoff his down and then eat hers or bite her if she went near to his food!  He had been adopted, but the people ill-treated him, so he was rescued again.  They had adopted another dog too, Rogelia, a small pug sized dog, she had according to the people, gone to live with their family in Barcelona.  The family was spoken to, the dog had never been there.  When the refuge folk went back with the local police to collect Bartolo they asked again about Rogelia, she had died they said, she had been ill.    2 weeks or so later Rogelia was found walking in the street by the school, she had been seen there for a week or so by some people.  So much for being dead/in Barcelona.  A man came to the refuge yesterday to look at some small dogs, they liked the look of Rogelia, so fingers crossed she gets a happy ending, she deserves it!

Pamela
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 15:38 by Oliveview »

BobE

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2013, 15:40 »
Im always a bit scared to open this thread.
Thanks for the update Olive.
How can somebody be that cruel the would cut ears off.  I'd do it back to them.

Oliveview

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2013, 16:18 »
Having the ears cut off makes it a nuisance to try to check for ticks in the ears, there is nothing to hold on to!

Pamela

BobE

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2013, 16:20 »
Nobody knows what ears are for anyway, even ours.

Springlands

« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2013, 16:25 »
Pamela - it is so lovely to hear some good news from the refuge.  :)  You must be so pleased to know that some of the dogs are going to be re-homed.  :)

Oliveview

« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2013, 17:37 »
We get all excited when a new home is found :happy: and sad if we fall inlove with the dog :happy:

Pamela

devonbarmygardener

• I live, therefore I garden!
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2013, 16:23 »
People can be so cruel to animals - I mean, why hack a dogs ears off? :ohmy: What does that achieve other than pain and suffering.

You do an admirable job Pamela ;) :)

BobE

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2013, 17:11 »
I hope that "What goes around, comes around"
Their turn will come.
Bob

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2013, 21:33 »
People can be so cruel to animals - I mean, why hack a dogs ears off? :ohmy: What does that achieve other than pain and suffering.

You do an admirable job Pamela ;) :)

For some breeds it is to stop them being ripped off by things like wolves when they are guarding flocks (Kate Humble Wild Shepherdess).  I can only imagine that in Spain the dogs are used to dig out badgers so it could be to save the dogs ears being attacked.   :(
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

BobE

« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2013, 21:35 »
Jeez.!!

xx
News from the refuge

Started by Oliveview on Pets without Feathers

312 Replies
Last post November 22, 2016, 09:52
by Aled
xx
2 refuge dogs off to new homes today

3 Replies
Last post November 10, 2012, 15:00
by joyfull
xx
the last few days

Started by titch on Pets without Feathers

17 Replies
Last post January 03, 2010, 10:23
by Parsnip
xx
Fostering another dog for a few days...and now another dog

22 Replies
Last post July 14, 2013, 22:06
by ANHBUC

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 39 queries.