Ticks

• 2 Replies

CattinJ

• Experienced Member
Ticks
« on: July 19, 2013, 08:38 »
Hi everyone. I posted on this site last year about this same problem, and wondered if anyone else was having issues with ticks (or is it just us??!)? We keep 4 chickens and I've never seen a tick on them, but last year I got 4, and so far this year my husband and I have had 3 that we've had to remove from various parts of our bodies - gross!
Anyone else out there who has this problem, and any products we can use to prevent them?  I've read Deet is good, but the thought of spraying Deet all over me every time I go out in the garden isn't very appealing.

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
Re: Ticks
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 10:35 »
It isn't something I have ever come across, our cat once got one but that was years ago.  I thought they lurked in long grass, dense bushes and wooded areas and jump ship when disturbed.   :unsure:

I did find THIS about ticks, lyme disease and it has a link to the Health Protection Agency who have a tick recording scheme. 
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

Sassy

Re: Ticks
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 09:00 »
Lymes disease tends to be localised so it really depends where you live. There are also different types of ticks. Walking through or around bracken is the worst place to be for them. :)
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted!!

xx
Ticks

Started by Jilly Pickles on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post April 26, 2010, 08:50
by Sassy
xx
Ticks

Started by slowef on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post August 30, 2007, 18:09
by KathyH
xx
Ticks

Started by slowef on The Hen House

14 Replies
Last post September 27, 2007, 10:34
by noshed
xx
Fowl ticks in the chicken coop

Started by wolfpack on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post February 27, 2009, 15:50
by Vember

Page created in 0.433 seconds with 36 queries.