Feel a bit naive...

• 33 Replies

snowdrops

Re: Feel a bit naive...
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2013, 22:25 »
I would like one of those bushes too. In fact, I am pretty certain that with minimal marketing you could soon be a millionaire  ;)
It also produces chilled white wine and bottled beer when adults visit

Digger could you add your location to your profile please..................................then we can all visit this magic bush :lol:
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

BobE

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2013, 22:29 »
Spagettie grows on pasta trees.  I saw it on TV ages ago.  Harvested mostly in Italy.

Beetroot queen

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2013, 08:50 »
I used to work with pre-schoolers and one little girl told me banana's grow on the shelves at teso.  ::)

I really want florence to know what is what on the plot, she can identify rhubarb, asparagus, strawberries and potatoes. She identifies runner beans as daddies hehe

BobE

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2013, 11:00 »
Just to be fair, (I'm going to regret this!!!) Everybody keeps talking about a plant called PSB?  What is that? I thought it was a class A drug.

digger1

• Experienced Member
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2013, 11:03 »
Purple Sprouting Broccoli

BobE

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2013, 11:05 »
Oh! (There is no red smiley)  :blush:

Beetroot queen

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2013, 11:20 »
Bob its fine not knowing what PSB is i dont think i knew at one time but its when you grow it and dont know the name that we start to worry.

NewSteve

• Experienced Member
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2013, 14:40 »
Well I was surprised to learn that courgettes also grow on cucumber plants! Unless our neighbour is ready to admit that wasn't a cuke he gave us :tongue2:
Never stop learning

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2013, 14:44 »
I used to work with pre-schoolers and one little girl told me banana's grow on the shelves at teso.  ::)

I really want florence to know what is what on the plot, she can identify rhubarb, asparagus, strawberries and potatoes. She identifies runner beans as daddies hehe

When our eldest granddaughter was little.  Brian asked her where milk came from.  She said ASDA.  then he said what about egg?  Yes, they come from ASDA too.  So he took her up the garden and luckily one chicken was about to lay an egg, so he held her hand under the hens rear end and the egg plopped into it.

At first she was mesmerized, but wouldn't eat it as it had come from a chickens b*m!  But afterwards, every time she came to visit, she had to go and collect the eggs!   :lol:

Beetroot queen

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2013, 15:51 »
Thats so sweet but it is shocking that children dont have a clue. We have taught florence that cow milk makes her sick as her oat milk is still milk and she calls it milk.  :wacko: so now if she asks for a non safe food that has another allergen in we just say got cow milk in it. Eventually i will do each allergy group with her but at two its a bit complex.

You should hear the way she tries and says asparagus its too cute. She calls calabrese trees. I am rubbish at growing it but we have had some from other people so she will say "its Tony's trees for tea " cute but no-one else would understand what shes asking for.  :lol:

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2013, 17:01 »
Awww they are so sweet at that age BQ.   

Fairy Plotmother

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2013, 17:08 »
Just to be fair, (I'm going to regret this!!!) Everybody keeps talking about a plant called PSB?  What is that? I thought it was a class A drug.
  :lol: Took me ages to work it out .....now I'm going to have a go at growing it.  purple sprouting broccoli...not class a drugs!!!!  :ohmy:

RJR_38

• www.foodinmytum.com
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2013, 19:00 »

When our eldest granddaughter was little.  Brian asked her where milk came from.  She said ASDA.  then he said what about egg?  Yes, they come from ASDA too.  So he took her up the garden and luckily one chicken was about to lay an egg, so he held her hand under the hens rear end and the egg plopped into it.

At first she was mesmerized, but wouldn't eat it as it had come from a chickens b*m!  But afterwards, every time she came to visit, she had to go and collect the eggs!   :lol:

I am a teacher and until recently I taught Year 1 (5-6 year olds). Every yet I was shocked at how much worse children's knowledge of where their food came from was. There was one class who it took me quite a while to persuade them that chicken the animal and chicken the meat were the same thing...

Beetroot queen

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2013, 19:07 »
On that subject of chicken. Our florence knows that really well, each more she helps feed them she say " yummy chicken, that one for din dins " i kid you not and we have never eaten one of our own.  :lol:

BobE

« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2013, 19:27 »
So he took her up the garden and luckily one chicken was about to lay an egg, so he held her hand under the hens rear end and the egg plopped into it.
At first she was mesmerized, but wouldn't eat it as it had come from a chickens b*m!    :lol:

That made me laugh, She will remember that all her life.

question
Growing capsicums in Glasgow - are we being too naive? (UPDATED w/pic)

Started by jamesbrownontheroad on Grow Your Own

16 Replies
Last post April 12, 2009, 08:10
by jamesbrownontheroad
xx
I feel very far behind!

Started by debih on Grow Your Own

14 Replies
Last post April 20, 2012, 19:43
by yorkiegal
xx
feel sick

Started by m1ckz on Grow Your Own

18 Replies
Last post July 20, 2012, 10:24
by hubballi
xx
Feel like i'm achieving something!!!

Started by beki on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post March 11, 2008, 11:26
by summer-sun

Page created in 0.522 seconds with 36 queries.