Cucamelon update

• 21 Replies

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: Cucamelon update
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2013, 08:46 »
Thanks Yorkie. That all makes sense. Should I water, rather than foliar spray with the epsom salts and do you have any idea as to the dilution rate and how many times/how regular I should use it?  Thanks.

Foliar spray would be more quick acting.  I think it's even more effective if you spray the underneath of the leaves.

Dilution rate?  Not sure, see if others have thoughts on this.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Marcus10

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2013, 09:26 »
Thanks Yorkie, I have just found a dilution rate on John Harrisons book. 30g per litre.

Sarahm

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2013, 11:35 »
I water with tomato feed once a week and the plants are shooting up.  It has gone from about 1 foot to four feet in about 3 weeks and the flowers have started appearing this week.  I really struggled with this at the beginning.  Out the the packet of 20 seeds I only got 4 to germinate and then they took a long time to get to a size where they can be transplanted.  Hopefully I start seeing some fruit in the next couple of weeks.

vanessa.xx

• Experienced Member
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2013, 12:40 »
Vanessa-Hopefully you will find that they all start expanding at once. My wife says that I underestimated the number of fruit on mine. She said that she counted around 50 on one plant alone, but three weeks ago they were all very tiny and had not started expanding. Perhaps I need to pick more for them to continue fruiting, like you need to do with mini cucumbers.

Thanks Marcus they seem to be going for it now they are just over a cm long and beginning to swell I can't wait to try one!

ghost61

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2013, 17:34 »
I think something is eating mine. Those that I could see seem to have disappeared! Any ideas?

Lincs Lottie

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2013, 12:59 »
Not sure if a cucamelon is the same as a Muskmelon but my allotment partner grew some of these plants from seed for the first time this year.  Well it turns out one of the plants is a marrow!  We wondered why the leaves were different to the other two!  They came from the same seed packet too...
How are everyone's plants doing?

vanessa.xx

• Experienced Member
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2013, 17:17 »
I'm pleased to announce I have just eaten my first one, I cut the tops of them last week so the plant would redirect its energy into swelling the fruits and it worked got quite a few swelling now

xx
cucamelon

Started by Charl89 on Grow Your Own

10 Replies
Last post April 17, 2013, 22:10
by Charl89
xx
Cucamelon

Started by Silverpaul on Grow Your Own

32 Replies
Last post May 22, 2014, 21:24
by Mr Dog
xx
Cucamelon

Started by AndyArch on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post June 04, 2015, 09:41
by sunshineband
xx
Cucamelon

Started by blackberryjam on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post February 01, 2014, 20:55
by blackberryjam

Page created in 0.713 seconds with 36 queries.