Miracle grow

• 4 Replies

blackberryjam

Miracle grow
« on: June 24, 2013, 09:57 »
I have been given  some miracle grow for my allotment, I've used it on flowers before at home , but not on vegetables .
At present I'm using fish blood and bone. Will the miracle grow be any better.  ???

Springlands

Re: Miracle grow
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 10:12 »
This is one of those questions where everyone would have their own point of view. Miracle grow is quick acting and and the plant growth is inclined to be to soft and lush. I would say that the FBB is better for your plants - it is more slow acting but the plants are stronger.

Trillium

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 14:56 »
Interesting that you mention this as it came up in discussion yesterday. My youngest son, who grew up on organic veg, is growing his own toms this year and used Miracle Gro. He says the plants are tall and thriving.

I use only BFBM or BM and manure. Mine are tall, thriving and I know they will have loads of flavour. When my son harvests his toms, he'll notice that flavours are not as intense or maybe even lacking when compared to manure grown toms.

As Springlands says, it is a matter of personal taste, and whether or not manure will offend your usually helpful neighbours  ;)

Jonajo

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 16:52 »
Oo now last year we used miracle grow on one our rows of  peppers and half of our tomatoes and one of the strawberry beds for a fun experiment, and fbb etc on the rest. but we couldnt actually taste the difference to be honest. And we are normally very picky with our taste buds. but all had depth of flavour, though.
"Set down the wine and the dice and perish the thought of tomorrow"

Totty

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 18:56 »
Miracle grow will feed the plants until its washed out. BFB will feed both your crop and your soil, helping with future crops. So pound for pound you get much more from organic soil improvers, as opposed to inorganic fertillisers.

Have just got a box of miracle grow BFB to be honest, not tried before, so see how it goes.

Totty

xx
Miracle grow

Started by Bec1 on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post June 04, 2023, 13:25
by snowdrops
xx
Miracle Grow & Roots.

Started by Steve.B on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post May 31, 2010, 15:12
by Goosegirl
xx
Miracle grow compost?

Started by fallen angel on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post July 18, 2007, 13:55
by Trillium
xx
Miracle grow compost and tomatoes.

Started by andyw on Grow Your Own

12 Replies
Last post April 23, 2012, 22:18
by A Reyt Tayty

Page created in 0.558 seconds with 36 queries.