Dormouse disturbed.

• 19 Replies

Selkie

Dormouse disturbed.
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2007, 15:43 »
Quote from: "Bodger"
I've spent 50 something years living in the countryside, hunting, shooting and fishing, you know all the normal things  :lol: and in all that time I've never seen a dormouse.

They've probably heard about your reputation (hunting/shooting etc) and ran for cover :lol:

Bodger

Dormouse disturbed.
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2007, 16:02 »
I've even planted a hazel coppice to try and encourage them but to be honest, I don't even know whether their range comes anywhere near us.

gobs

Dormouse disturbed.
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2007, 16:11 »
Quote from: "Bodger"
they don't happen to have been in the areas of North Staffordshire and North Wale that I haunt.

What do you wear for that? I won't be surprised not seeing a soul! :wink:  :lol:
"Words... I know exactly what words I'm wanting to say, but somehow or other they is always getting squiff-squiddled around." R Dahl

BeggerJohn

Dormouse disturbed.
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2007, 19:52 »
Quote from: "Aunt Sally"
Welcome John  :D

Were they really dormice John, they are a protected species and you have to have a licence to handle them.  Did they have furry tails like this:

Checking your picture and conferring with the wife, who was with me me at the time, it seems they were not Dormice. They did not have furry tails like that. Field mice perhaps? Thanks for all the comments. We have been back  today for a spot of tidying up and put things into the compost bin very carefully. I will get around to introducing myself properly soon.

sweet nasturtium

Dormouse disturbed.
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2007, 23:53 »
Welcome, fellow North Londoner!
We need a few more on here who can share our waterlogged clay soil stories!  :D

xx
disturbed asparagus crowns

Started by TESSOLLY on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post February 22, 2015, 11:42
by snowdrops
xx
Why are my veg at home being disturbed- Squirrel 🐿

Started by Hampshire Hog on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post April 29, 2020, 14:37
by Hampshire Hog

Page created in 0.731 seconds with 30 queries.