My raspberries have yellow leaves

• 7 Replies
My raspberries have yellow leaves
« on: June 04, 2013, 22:06 »
Can anyone advise me on what could be the problem with my Raspberries belived to be Autumn Bliss.  Planted last year and produced a small amount of fruit.  Cut to the base and mulched. This years growth looks strong and healthy now about 9 inches high but the leaves are yellow. Can anyone advise on what could be the cause and or remedy?
 :(

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: My raspberries have yellow leaves
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 23:49 »
Welcome to the site  :)

Have you put any fertiliser down?

What did you mulch with?
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Beetroot queen

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 06:55 »
A dose of Epsom salts will have them back to green.

Welcome to the site

allotmentann

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 07:03 »
Just a thought, but have either you or a plot neighbour been spraying weed killer? A plot neighbour has sprayed the couch between their plot and one I help on. I noticed the couch looking suspiciously dead and then saw that all the raspberries nearest the fence in front of it have gone very, very yellow, so the spray must have drifted over. I am pretty cross. But it definitely turns the leaves very yellow. :(

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2013, 23:05 »
Thank you for all the advice. 
No I have not used any feed and the mulch was chipped bark which I have used on other fruit with no detrimental effect.
 I will try the epsom salts but what dilution rate would you recommend?
I hadn't thought about weed killer but I am 3 allotments down from the allotment shop and the site manager has put notices up that a spray has been used all around that area.  If it is the spray then you would think it would effect other plants as well but It only seems to be the raspberries that have the bright yellow leaves.

allotmentann

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2013, 06:59 »
It is only the raspberries that have caught it on this plot even though there are strawberries in the same bed. I thought I had an article somewhere saying that raspberries are particularly susceptible to glyphosate, but I can't find it anymore.
Let's hope that the Epsom Salts picks them up. :)

Kirpi

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2013, 08:56 »
It is only the raspberries that have caught it on this plot even though there are strawberries in the same bed. I thought I had an article somewhere saying that raspberries are particularly susceptible to glyphosate, but I can't find it anymore.

I can vouch for that - last year I treated some bindweed that had settled in my raspberry bed with glyphosphate. Even just touching the odd raspberry leave by mistake and keeping the weedkiller on the bindweed with a small spary bottle and most of last years' tie-ins have died and even this year's new growth is looking sick.

That was just the odd drop of glyphosphate touching a few raspberry leaves so wind-drift could possibly kill them right off, I think.

Salmo

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2013, 09:41 »

I can vouch for that - last year I treated some bindweed that had settled in my raspberry bed with glyphosphate. Even just touching the odd raspberry leave by mistake and keeping the weedkiller on the bindweed with a small spary bottle and most of last years' tie-ins have died and even this year's new growth is looking sick.

That was just the odd drop of glyphosphate touching a few raspberry leaves so wind-drift could possibly kill them right off, I think.

I have eradicated creeping thistle in my raspberries very effectively using glyphosate as Roundup Gel. Expensive, but it lasts ages and does not drip. One click and a little more gel oozes out. Wipe it on the leaves.

My Autumn Bliss always look yellow as they start to grow fast. Epsom salts will turn them green but this will probably happen naturally if you leave them.

xx
Yellow leaves on raspberries

Started by Balhambird on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post July 22, 2009, 23:40
by bonfire
xx
yellow raspberries

Started by viettaclark on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post July 13, 2010, 05:35
by vet
xx
Yellow raspberries

Started by Lardman on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post July 03, 2017, 09:55
by Mr Dog
xx
Raspberries turning yellow!!

Started by kiwinicks on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post May 24, 2013, 04:11
by Trillium

Page created in 0.33 seconds with 36 queries.