Toms outside

• 26 Replies

Beetroot queen

Toms outside
« on: June 02, 2013, 18:15 »
Ok so has anyone dared put toms outside, I still have plants that are homeless and I need somewhere to put them

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: Toms outside
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 18:18 »
Mine are in an open cold frame at present - intended to plant out today but lost track of time!
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Beetroot queen

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 18:19 »
Brilliant thanks yorkie, out they go then, they are sat in the open in our sheltered back garden.
I just dont want the old boys laughing because they see EVERYTHING us young people do.  :nowink:

Steveharford

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 18:20 »
I've had some outside for a couple of weeks now. Mainly red alert and a couple of gardeners delight. No ill effects apparent other than not quite as vigorous as the indoor ones.

The Golden Heap

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2013, 18:20 »
Yes by the front door

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2013, 18:20 »
I put a spare one out last weekend - it looks very sad - I'm not sure it will make it :(

RJR_38

• www.foodinmytum.com
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2013, 18:28 »
Mine have been out for 3 weeks (yes I know it was early but I had no space left) - they look fine and one has a couple of flowers on although they do look a bit wind battered as we have had some seriously windy days :(

Beetroot queen

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2013, 18:30 »
They will be fine, well.......... They have two choices, the inn is full and they have been evicted  :lol:

stainesbloke

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2013, 18:54 »
Yes, I have 3 bush toms in pots on the south facing wall of the shed on my allotment :) Hopefully they'll avoid the dreaded blight!

Baldy

• Hey Ho Lets Grow!
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2013, 19:14 »
I planted waaaaaaaay to many seeds - green house toms are doing very well and have about 10 golden sunrise outside in a sheltered spot in the garden, most of which are doing ok. I've also got a variety of outdoor, blight resistant toms (name escapes me) that seem to be struggling - of the ten or so in the back garden only a couple look like they'll make it. Sometimes I think its all slieght of hand and magic...  :tongue2:

Mrs Bee

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2013, 19:21 »
I planted a one of each variety in  their outside pots and put them outside by the kitchen wall to test three weeks ago. They seemed OK so I gave all the rest of the plants a good talking to about tuffing up and they are all outside now. Yesterday I put all the squashes out too, and had a jolly good clean and tidy in the living room.

Always love getting tidy after sharing the living room with a jungle of plants for so long. :)

Stree

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2013, 19:29 »
I have half a dozen types outside, went out over the course of the last few days. Look fine.

rawrecruit

• Experienced Member
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2013, 19:57 »
I have had some out for a few weeks and they have withstood being frozen, blown about, hailed on and eaten by slugs. In fact, most look healthier than the ones indoors, which have got too leggy!

Jon Gale

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2013, 20:11 »
I have had my gardeners delight ouit for 2 weeks against our sunniest wall (in what is a very shady garden).

They are not exactly romping away but look healthy enough.
Breaking new ground.............literally!

pigguns

• Mitcham, South London
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2013, 21:30 »
Mine seem too small still, but are doing night no.2 outside at home, may put them in next week as my plot neighbour has his in already and they're about 2 foot tall. 

Old George ('I'm 90 by the way..') is next to him and has put his in, but his are as small as mine.  'Better this size' he says with a conspiratorial wink.....

I'll trust George.

xx
ph FOR TOMS

Started by Jim T on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post April 27, 2007, 22:02
by richyrich7
xx
my toms

Started by Y.E.A.H on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post March 22, 2010, 10:22
by Y.E.A.H
xx
Toms

Started by Dantheman on Grow Your Own

12 Replies
Last post May 11, 2014, 18:22
by Dantheman
xx
toms

Started by celtbhoy on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post May 24, 2007, 12:22
by DD.

Page created in 1 seconds with 38 queries.