near miss

• 2 Replies

hermon

near miss
« on: December 21, 2007, 15:44 »
yesturday i had let the girls out to roam in my garden as i always do when i'm at home i am always on fox watch as we have allotments and dens over the back fence, i was in the living room on the phone to my OH looking out the patio doors onto the garden and all of a sudden a very large beautiful fox jumped over the fence and onto our lawn, luckily he saw me as i rushed outside and he ran off over the back fence, the ground has been frozen for a few days so i guess it was very hungry but i don't want it to have my chooks as diner! so i tried in vain to get the girls to follow me back in their run with corn, they had only been out for about 40minutes and they aren't stupid! unless they have been out for a few hours i can never get them all back in without a fight! so i got them all on the patio where i could keep an eye on them then later let them free range again i haven't seen foxy today, but it is only a matter of time whilst there isn't much food around if i'm not careful!

babe

• elvis king of chooks
near miss
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2007, 15:49 »
thank goodness you were watching, the foxes are so quick and very brazen. i am so glad to hear you managed to keep the girls safe. :)

Selkie

near miss
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2007, 16:32 »
Gosh, what a close escape!

xx
FOX, near miss at 5pm!

Started by nic_28 on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post October 11, 2012, 13:50
by ycholmes
xx
Near miss with fox

Started by Stemar on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post July 03, 2013, 21:43
by Mum2mj
xx
Bye bye Eddie we'll miss you.

Started by Fat Hen on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post September 13, 2007, 17:25
by Fat Hen
xx
Marans or Miss Pepperpots

Started by Hoolie Helen on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post March 15, 2009, 18:23
by Aunt Sally

Page created in 1.402 seconds with 36 queries.