Cabbage red drumhead

• 5 Replies

Beetroot queen

Cabbage red drumhead
« on: May 15, 2013, 09:27 »
Ordered some of these yesterday but made a bit of a booboo's and ordered 500 I am sure it said 50 lol

The listing says sow March to may or february under glass so I am running out of time. Can I sow them at any other point in the year once may is past or will I have to save them for next year.

Buying from amazon you don't get a lot of info just a plain envelope or brown packet usually.

simonwatson

Re: Cabbage red drumhead
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 09:36 »
You could just harvest the extras a 'spring' greens through the year. I would think the seed should keep until at least next year anyway, if not longer.

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 09:41 »
Even spring "reds"  :lol: Actually they tend not to grow like the cabbage you'd use as spring greens.

Sow what you want this year, stored correctly, they'll last years. Some of my brassica seed are well over 5 years ols.
Did it really tell you to do THAT on the packet?

Beetroot queen

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 09:44 »
Ok I best sow plenty this year lol 500 hubby will murder me  :blush:

Also realised I ordered two lots of spagetti squash, amazon did crash out three times during checkout so maybe I could blame that, can't cancel as they are on way. 70 spagetti squash and 500 red cabbage hehe maybe that's another grow your own mistake.

hightide

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 14:02 »
Also realised I ordered two lots of spagetti squash, amazon did crash out three times during checkout so maybe I could blame that, can't cancel as they are on way. 70 spagetti squash and 500 red cabbage hehe maybe that's another grow your own mistake.

BQ This is not your fault, the fact that this '*' company took your money on an interrupted transaction is ludicrous. Complain immediately and use their returns section to send back the unwanted goods.

I had this happen with an order I placed with MoreVeg, they did not email me they actually phoned and asked if I really did want to double my order, it was all settled amicably and I only paid once.
:D 
A weed is a plant that's in the wrong place and intends to stay

Beetroot queen

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2013, 14:31 »

BQ This is not your fault, the fact that this '*' company took your money on an interrupted transaction is ludicrous. Complain immediately and use their returns section to send back the unwanted goods.

I had this happen with an order I placed with MoreVeg, they did not email me they actually phoned and asked if I really did want to double my order, it was all settled amicably and I only paid once.
:D

It was only a few pound and I'll save some for next year. I found it rather funny. I will wind hubby up with the cabbage as I will be all serious and say well you do love it pickled.  :wub: and it was cheap. Hehe that's the bit that will get my forgiveness.

xx
primo and drumhead cabbage - can it go out now?

Started by rachelsco on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post April 30, 2015, 11:50
by rachelsco
xx
sowing winter cabbage [spring cabbage ]

Started by rowlandwells on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post July 27, 2017, 16:46
by Aidy
xx
white cabbage and red cabbage?

Started by mandycharlie on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post February 27, 2007, 20:04
by muntjac
xx
Red Cabbage

Started by Alfie on Grow Your Own

12 Replies
Last post February 17, 2009, 23:14
by SSM

Page created in 0.592 seconds with 36 queries.