3kw Greenhouse Heater Review

• 2 Replies

wil4025

• Experienced Member
    • Williams Allotment & Garden Blog
3kw Greenhouse Heater Review
« on: April 28, 2013, 21:26 »
I invested in my first greenhouse and found that even though the toughest cold times it didn't help my young plants. So I leaped into buying this heater (http://www.gardenwebshop.co.uk/winter-protection/584-3kw-professional-greenhouse-heater.html) and I must say was very professional. Solid build, out of metal all the way. No cheap parts and you can sit it either on floor like I did or use mounting bracket supplied. You can also set it to any temp and set to frost protection mode, so only will come on when hits 5 degrees. Even though its been cold and not that hot yet does come with a feature to blow cool air too, that will come in helpful if we get a nice hot summer. I must say so far it has saved my little plants and after all that potting on can be a life saver!. Trust me, this will last years and years of use. 5 Stars from me.
Kind Regards
Bill

JayG

• Global Moderator
Re: 3kw Greenhouse Heater Review
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 08:10 »
Sounds like a good piece of kit, although I suspect many would baulk at the potential running costs (3kw equates to about 30-40p per hour, although obviously it wouldn't be running continuously.)
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

wil4025

• Experienced Member
    • Williams Allotment & Garden Blog
Re: 3kw Greenhouse Heater Review
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 13:27 »
I stick mine on 1.5kw and only runs if going below 5c, so I find this is only cold times of the night e.g. 1am-3am ish.

xx
greenhouse heater

Started by pod on Equipment Shed

4 Replies
Last post February 13, 2010, 11:13
by Rangerkris
xx
How to use a greenhouse heater

Started by min200 on Equipment Shed

8 Replies
Last post January 18, 2009, 08:11
by Gwiz
xx
GREENHOUSE HEATER

Started by Scribbler on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post April 11, 2008, 14:52
by Aidy
xx
Greenhouse Heater ?

Started by Matt31 on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post May 01, 2012, 15:12
by smud6ie

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 30 queries.