Allotment & Plot sizes

• 19 Replies

Zak the Rabbit

• My (occasional) blog -
Allotment & Plot sizes
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2006, 17:15 »
thats 50p in new money! cor, imaging if it were only that much these days, you could have the site for life for a tenner!

im going with 30 50x5m plots (10pole), 20 25x5m plots (5pole), a 5m wide communal area, 0.5m dividing paths, a 2m wide main drag, and a 0.5m perimeter for fencing. Comes out a meter or two bigger than a standard match football pitch.

If we can get the field next to the football field, it will fit lovelly. I think 50 plots should be ample

Lets just hope the parish council and the landowners see things the same way

Martin
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
the rabbit of caerbannogg

milkman

Allotment & Plot sizes
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2006, 17:45 »
Playing devil's advocate Zak Rabbit have you got 50 names to fill your plots up with?  Just thinking it may help your cause if you can demonstrate that you have a lot of people interested so that all these plots aren't going to stay idle and weedy for several years?  Apologies if you have already thought of this or put this info somewhere else.
Gardening organically on chalky, stony soil.

Zak the Rabbit

• My (occasional) blog -
Allotment & Plot sizes
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2006, 17:51 »
no worries milkman, its good for someone to play devils advocate, helps spot gaps in the argument.

Were not that advanced yet, all planning at this stage is purely speculative on my part, creating background etc and covering the bases so when challenged by the council i can go straight back to them with some info.

The Selby Times article is going to be the first public call on this. Im setting up an email specially for interested parties.

Second call will be via the parish newsletter. The the matter will go to discussion for a second time by the parish council, hopefully paralleled with a group meeting of possible plot holders.

Hence the need for 'average' plot numbers to generate a rough estimate.

All is of course subject to change. It may well be that no one wants a plot and we go dead in the water after the article. Or we could be innundated, who knows?

Martin

milkman

Allotment & Plot sizes
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2006, 20:16 »
Well Good Luck Zak Rabbit - hope it goes according to plan!

Zak the Rabbit

• My (occasional) blog -
Allotment & Plot sizes
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2006, 10:38 »
Thanks Milkman,

Although the essential thing is getting enough electors in the village to sign up, i suppose any support from outside the area that encourages the parish council and points out the myriad benefits can only help,

I have set up an email address hambletonplots@btinternet.com

so anyone in the village who wants a plot can say so, and anyone else who wishes to voice support can do. I will colate the support emails and present them to the council as background info, although anyone who does please put 'Support for' in the subject to help me keep organised.

Martin

xx
Allotment plot sizes

Started by Stratts on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post June 09, 2011, 20:23
by Kristen
xx
allotment bed sizes.

Started by gowing238 on Grow Your Own

18 Replies
Last post March 05, 2010, 10:08
by noshed
xx
Bed sizes

Started by plopleuk on Grow Your Own

12 Replies
Last post August 08, 2010, 22:22
by Junie
xx
pot sizes

Started by kermit on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post March 23, 2011, 23:07
by Kristen

Page created in 0.661 seconds with 36 queries.