20kg of carbon gold fertilizer £25 delivered

• 8 Replies

wil4025

• Experienced Member
    • Williams Allotment & Garden Blog
20kg of carbon gold fertilizer £25 delivered
« on: April 24, 2013, 20:42 »
I was looking for carbon gold and found this website http://www.organiccompost.co.uk/carbon-gold/carbon-gold-fertilizer-20-kg.html

Best price out there.
Kind Regards
Bill

JayG

• Global Moderator
Re: 20kg of carbon gold fertilizer £25 delivered
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 22:27 »
It's a new one on me - that doesn't mean it's no good but it sounds quite expensive for something which seems to be a mixture of charcoal ("Grochar") and unspecified "all natural" ingredients - their website's own link to "about us" is broken for me..............

Do you have any other sources of information/independent reviews of this product for the benefit of other members who might be interested in it?
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2013, 10:13 »
Needs to be very good indeed to be worth paying at least 5 times the price of mainstream brands.  :ohmy:

Looks like the two companies Mum found have only managed to get 1 review between them (and that was anonymous, from someone who mainly wanted to praise HH's rapid delivery and had yet to try the actual product.)

How was it recommended to you Wil4025 (bearing in mind you are referring to the fertiliser rather than compost?)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 10:16 by JayG »

pdblake

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2013, 10:29 »
On the Grow Your Own magazine forum they have a Soil Expert forum where the resident expert is called Carbon Gold. The forum exists soley for this person to advertise the stuff. There is one particular thread where they seem to be claiming that it gives added frost resistance  :blink:

Not sure I'd pay £25 quid for a bag of what appears to amount to charcoal anyway, no matter what it claims to do.

crh75

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2013, 11:04 »
I seem to remember that there was an article about this in the last Garden Organic magazine.  If memory serves, it was fairly indiferent about it's efficacy.

crh75

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2013, 11:12 »
Just looked up the article and I remembered correctly, garden organic maintains a "healthy scepticism" until further research has been done and the RHS is currently reserching it.

wil4025

• Experienced Member
    • Williams Allotment & Garden Blog
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2013, 13:23 »
Needs to be very good indeed to be worth paying at least 5 times the price of mainstream brands.  :ohmy:

Looks like the two companies Mum found have only managed to get 1 review between them (and that was anonymous, from someone who mainly wanted to praise HH's rapid delivery and had yet to try the actual product.)

How was it recommended to you Wil4025 (bearing in mind you are referring to the fertiliser rather than compost?)

Ive seen this stuff being sold more and more now and I thought id give it a try and looking at prices, I found on average £39.99 per 20kg plus delivery, so £25 inc delivery is very good for 20kg!

crh75

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2013, 13:52 »
It will be interesting to know if you think it is an improvement on regular fertalisers.

xx
tomato carbon

Started by sssb on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post May 24, 2009, 18:10
by sssb
xx
One hectare from 20kg of seed potatoes!

Started by Swing Swang on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post March 22, 2010, 23:11
by solway cropper
xx
Dandys delivered compost

Started by sclarke624 on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post April 19, 2009, 16:45
by sclarke624
xx
newly delivered plants

Started by Lardman on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post November 24, 2009, 12:59
by tode

Page created in 0.637 seconds with 38 queries.