Pellets with added flubenvet.....

• 10 Replies

Goldfinger

Pellets with added flubenvet.....
« on: April 11, 2013, 20:10 »

Well, this time worming my chooks, I'm using the pellets with already added wormer.

I've just read the label that came on the bag, and it says '30mg/kg flubendazole as flubenvet 5% premix.'

Does this mean it works out as a stronger (meaning better?) dose that the 1% stuff you can buy online?

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
Re: Pellets with added flubenvet.....
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 21:21 »
I could only find this info online

"Flubenvet 5 % w/w Premix for Medicated Feeding Stuff:  Dosage and administration

Dosage and administration

For oral administration only.

For incorporation into dry feed at a registered mill.

A manufacturer who is approved to incorporate directly at any concentration, veterinary medicinal products or premixtures containing such products, must be responsible for mixing when incorporation is less than 2 kg per tonne for final feed.

Dosage

a) Pheasants and partridges: 1.2 kg Flubenvet is incorporated into 1 tonne of feeding stuff to provide 60g flubendazole per tonne of feed. Treat for 7 consecutive days.

b) Chickens and geese: 600 g Flubenvet is incorporated into 1 tonne of feeding stuff to provide 30 g flubendazole is incorporated into 1 tonne of feed. Treat for 7 consecutive days.

c) Turkeys: 400 g Flubenvet is incorporated into 1 tonne of feeding stuff to provide 20 g flubendazole per tonne of feed. Treat for 7 consecutive days.

Treatment frequency

On infected premises, treatment at 3 weekly intervals may be necessary to control worm infestations."

from this website www.noahcompendium.co.uk

If you work it out that means 30mg of flubendazole per kg

That would also mean 600mg of 5% Flubenvet per kg

That would mean 600mg x 5% divided by 1000 gives you 3g of 1% per kg   :wacko:

I could be well wrong though, bit late for my maths head!!   ::)
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

Goldfinger

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 05:31 »

Confusing isn't it?....  ::)   :lol:

ANHBUC

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 12:23 »
Tell me about it, it was buzzing round in my head during the night.   ::)

I know the dosage for the 3% does not match the 1% pro rata so we have to assume there is a reason.  When they incorporate it into pellets there is more guarantee they are getting the right dose than us mixing powder on pellets.   ;)

JaK

• Happy half plot.
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 15:24 »
I have no idea but did enjoy reading ANHBUC working it out.  :lol: :lol: :lol:
I have started to to use the pellets too, just because it's easier than trying to mix it myself before doing the school run..... (mornings are busy in our house).

May I ask where you bought them from? I use 'Farm and pet place' at the moment.

ANHBUC

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 16:36 »
I get mine from our local Farmway store, they produce their own.  I think they are being taken over by Mole Valley Farmers which I believe is a South Eastern company.

www.molevalleyfarmers.com/mvf/info/store-finder;jsessionid=A574EE025719D68F3D4FBE7E8FCF4D17

Goldfinger

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2013, 19:58 »
I get mine from our local Farmway store, they produce their own.  I think they are being taken over by Mole Valley Farmers which I believe is a South Eastern company.

www.molevalleyfarmers.com/mvf/info/store-finder;jsessionid=A574EE025719D68F3D4FBE7E8FCF4D17

WHAT!!??

I had to go to the Hexham Farmway store, as I was told the Morpeth store closed YEARS ago!!

And, when down at the plot this afternoon after work, a fellow plotter has offerd to buy the rest of the pellets I don't use after the 7 days.

That'll save wasting god know how much of a bag.  :)

JaK

• Happy half plot.
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2013, 20:56 »

MVF is a South West based company with stores and feed mills throughout Devon. The feed for MVF is made locally to me but they don't produce any of the medicated feed, that's why I have to order it online from farm and pet place. I do love MVF though, their own feed is of high quality and it's a reasonable price too.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 21:03 by JaK »

ANHBUC

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2013, 21:31 »

MVF is a South West based company with stores and feed mills throughout Devon. The feed for MVF is made locally to me but they don't produce any of the medicated feed, that's why I have to order it online from farm and pet place. I do love MVF though, their own feed is of high quality and it's a reasonable price too.

It was only last year that Farmway got a license to produce the medicated feed and we haev been told that despite the change in Company we will get the same and increased range of products.  I am glad as we can't get miscanthus bedding locally so that will be a bonus.  Hopefully your local MVF will pay for the license to produce its own medicated feed.  I am sure it is financially viable for them.   ;)

ANHBUC

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2013, 21:34 »

WHAT!!??

I had to go to the Hexham Farmway store, as I was told the Morpeth store closed YEARS ago!!

And, when down at the plot this afternoon after work, a fellow plotter has offerd to buy the rest of the pellets I don't use after the 7 days.

That'll save wasting god know how much of a bag.  :)

www.farmway.co.uk/stores.html?site=corporate  I think they did go through a finacially difficult time and had to stop their online store as well as the Morpeth branch.  I spoke to a member of staff this week and they are really pleased with the takeover as it means job security for them and possibly expansion.  Our local store is Stokesley and the staff really go out of their way to help.   :)

Sassy

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2013, 08:18 »
Mole valley farmers are great stores and much better retailers than Farmway. Hopefully with better backing Farmway will go from strength to strength. I am really sad as every year we have to go on holiday to Devon so that I can spend a couple of hours in MVF. Would agree about the staff being helpful at Farmway so should give MVF a flying start :)
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted!!

xx
Pellets with added flubenvet?

Started by Goldfinger on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post October 14, 2012, 23:08
by ANHBUC
xx
flubenvet pellets

Started by andy46 on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post August 25, 2012, 12:30
by Jomtie
xx
pellets with flubenvet

Started by jennie hennie on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post April 14, 2013, 12:48
by jennie hennie
xx
flubenvet in pellets

Started by ma baker on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post July 14, 2010, 10:10
by Marc

Page created in 0.255 seconds with 37 queries.