Planting out Bi annuals & Flowers for early June?

• 2 Replies

TheOnlyGothInTheVillage

• Experienced Member
    • ThePatchWorkLady
Planting out Bi annuals & Flowers for early June?
« on: March 04, 2013, 08:32 »
Hi all, I started out loads of sweet williams and shasta daisy seeds last autum in my unheated greenhouse, there doing ok but some are looking a little straggley, whens a good time to start planting them out into the garden? (need to get the seeds trays there in back) we're still getting some night frosts but they've had much worse than that in the greenhouse over the winter. I'm presuming there quite hardy....
 I've also agreed to enter my villages open gardens this year thinking it would be july/august time but have just discovered its in the first week of june, I can't imagine much of my garden will be in bloom then, the last few years I didn't have any flowers untill the end of july, is there any annuals anyone could recomend that would be in bloom by june? I've got a pink, red and white theme in my garden....
Thanks....

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Planting out Bi annuals & Flowers for early June?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 08:49 »
They can go out now, just gradually get them used to the outside world ;)

I'm not sure there is anything that would grow, and flower, from seed sown now - you usually sow the seeds in Autumn for the early flowering ones.

TheOnlyGothInTheVillage

• Experienced Member
    • ThePatchWorkLady
Re: Planting out Bi annuals & Flowers for early June?
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 09:42 »
Thats a shame about the seeds, am amazed my village are holding their open gardens so early, It is very likely I am the only person around here that grows from seed, all the posh houses all have ready bought baskets and fancy planters but here, in the token council house street, I refuse to pay more than a quid for a plant or a packet of seeds. Really glad I did grow a few trays worth of sweet williams and shasta daisys last year so i'll get started hardening them off and plant them out, have been making my flower beds bigger over the winter so have lots of gaps to fill!
Thanks again :)

xx
Planting Annuals

Started by Gail on General Gardening

8 Replies
Last post October 31, 2007, 13:43
by Gail
xx
Early May Flowers

Started by Maccbean on General Gardening

5 Replies
Last post January 27, 2011, 22:31
by TheSpartacat
xx
Planting bulbs (very) early

Started by Torgan on General Gardening

3 Replies
Last post December 26, 2012, 15:55
by Trillium
xx
self seeding annuals?

Started by Sheena on General Gardening

7 Replies
Last post June 14, 2007, 17:08
by milkman

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 37 queries.